Chapter Fourteen

Next day, the whole family was excited when Bronson shifted to the house next door. He and Brody were partners in crime and couldn't stay away from each other longer. So while Brody bought this house, Bronson bought the neighbouring one. Valentina and their mom helped him shift. Even aunt Olivia came over to help. Benny was most excited and stayed with Bronson playing. 

As the  wedding approached, preparations were in full swing. The decorators set about cleaning the backyard and the swimming pool area. Valentina helped decide the gazebo decoration. Brittany already took the dress and tuxedo measurements.  Brody, Valentina and Benny went to the cake shop to order the cake. The caterers were booked. The menu was planned. Brody's whole family, her parents and Chase would attend the wedding.  The marriage officiant was booked too. The reception party would be held in the living room of their house. 

A week before the wedding, Bronson was busy watching a movie and eating pasta for dinner which Valentina sent him,  when the doorbell rang. Thinking that Valentina brought more food, he rushed to open the door. His jaw dropped as he stared at the woman at his doorstep.  Shock was too small a word compared to what he was feeling. Sienna McCoy, his love, his life was standing at his doorstep. He never thought he would see her again in this lifetime. 

Four days ago, he received the marriage invitation card that shattered all his dreams and hopes. The wedding of his best friend Vincent Martin with Sienna McCoy. She studied with him at his university. She was engaged to his best friend Vincent when he met her. They say that love is blind.  It can happen when you least expect it and it did for Bronson. The more he talked to her,  the more he fell in love. For two years he had to bear the heartbreak of seeing them together with a smile on his face. A melancholy, sad smile that never reached his eyes. It was a forbidden, unrequited love that had no hope whatsoever. 

Still he loved her. Still he did everything in his capacity to see her smile. When her wedding was finalised by her and Vincent's parents, did he come to his senses and return home to Travis Springs. A chapter of his life ended and he knew that he could never love another woman in this lifetime. So he shifted beside his brother's house, to spend the rest of his life with Benny whom he loved  a lot.

"Sienna," he whispered, trying to pinch himself back to reality. She gave him a sad smile. When the pinch hurt like hell, did he realise that Sienna was for real. He hurried outside and took the trolley suitcase from her hands.

"Come in please," he said. He searched for her husband, Vincent, but it seemed that she was alone.

"I've come alone," she said as she went inside and sat down on the couch.

"Can I get you dinner?" He asked, looking at her properly.  She had lost a lot of weight. Her eyes held a sadness that haunted him. Her hair was a mess, although she still was the most beautiful woman on earth. Her clothes were crumpled and she looked like she would drop down unconscious any minute. 

"No, just water," she said.

He got water and a little pasta and took them to her. "I can't eat this. I'll throw up," she said.

"Are you sick? What happened Sienna? Where's Vincent?" He asked but Sienna drank water and fell back on the sofa, unconscious. 

He picked her up and carried her to the bedroom next to his and laid her down on the bed. Then he called doctor Wilson and Valentina to check whether she was serious or not.  Valentina came rushing in and he updated her about Sienna. The doctor came in and checked her. 

"She's three weeks pregnant, and dehydrated. A little rest and care will make her  better," he said prescribing some supplements and compulsory blood tests. "I'll send my assistant to collect the blood samples," he said before taking his leave. 

Bronson was shocked, she was pregnant and yet her husband left her alone in this condition. The doctor had revived her. Valentina changed her and helped freshened her up. She made some ginger chicken soup and made her eat. Ensuring that Sienna was comfortable, Valentina left.  

Bronson went to her room to find her fast asleep from exhaustion. He placed her suitcase in her room. Kept toiletries, towels in her en-suite. He placed water on the nightstand beside her. Going to his bedroom he fidgeted here and there for some time but he couldn't just lay on his bed and sleep. His love, his treasure was sleeping in the next room, unwell. She could wake up anytime in the middle of the night and be frightened of her new surroundings. So, he should go to her room. Smiling happily he went back to her room. He pulled the couch close to her bed and sat down, staring at her lovely form as she slept. 

What did she go through? Did she fight with Vincent? Why did she take refuge here all the way from Austin? Did she run away? Did her parents and in-laws know she was here? Thousand questions crossed his mind as he sat there mesmerised by her. How could Vincent not be worried about her? If she were his, he would have given his life to protect her. He would have hugged her to his chest and never let her leave.

Sighing heavily, not finding any answers, he dozed off on the couch.

Tomorrow he would find out all his answers and help her out any way he can. If necessary he would give Vincent a piece of his mind. Sienna could stay at his place till she was fit enough to return to her husband. He would take care of her with the best of his capacity.