Chapter 2

Allison wrapped her robe around her body tighter as she stood from bed and shook Scott. Scott mumbled and turned from her. Allison shook him harder and this time he opened one eye.

                “What?” Scott mumbled, turning away from her and the light.

                “Someone’s at the door.” She said. Scott opened his eyes and looked at the clock, 3:41 in the morning. Scott pulled the covers from his body quickly and put on his robe. He went to the bedroom window and looked out, he saw nothing.

                “That’s weird.” He said as he looked back at Allison and headed towards their front door. Allison grabbed his hand and held on tight, she was scared and he knew it. As Allison and Scott reached the stairs, they both looked towards the room that contained their little boy, Damon. Another knock came and Allison looked back at Scott. They both went downstairs and opened the door, revealing Lydia holding a sleeping Melony.

                “Lydia?” Allison gasped as she saw her best friend. Lydia lower lip quivered as Scott took Melony out of her hands and her body was revealed. There were cuts with pieces of glass still stuck in her, gashes and burns from Aiden’s belt and coffee, and nasty blue and black bruises starting from her head to her toes. “Oh my God, Lydia what happened?” Allison finally said as she rushed to Lydia’s side and brought her in, looking around making sure no one was following or watching them.

                “It was an accident.” Lydia said as she started to break down. “It wasn’t his fault. I should have just left him alone.”

                “What do you mean, Lydia who did this to you?” Scott asked as he came back from putting Melony down in their son’s room. Lydia suddenly stopped crying for a second, she had forgotten that they didn’t know about Aiden when he was drunk. Then Lydia just started crying harder because she felt so stupid for letting this out. “Lydia, answer me.” Scott said again, getting closer. Lydia tensed up and backed away a little. Allison walked to Scott and put her hand on his shoulder, making him relax immediately.

                “Lydia, who did this to you?” Allison asked quietly, moving towards her slowly. Lydia just looked at her and shook her head. “Lydia look at me.”

                “It was Aiden!” Lydia suddenly shouted as she fell to the ground in sobs. “He just lost it, it’s never been this bad before I swear!” Lydia shouted. Allison gasped once again as she knelt down next to Lydia and scooped her and let her cry onto her.

                “Oh Lydia.” Was all Allison could say as she kept looking up at Scott, who’s eyes were bright red, and he was making a fist in his hand so hard she knew he would lose it any minute. “Baby, look at me,” Allison said trying to get Scotts attention. “Scott look at me,” she said and Scott looked down at her. “She needs you right now, don’t do anything stupid.” Allison said looking down at Lydia, who was still crying and mumbling nothing into Allison’s lap, then at him. Scott took deep breath and then sat down beside his wife and Lydia, and he rubbed Lydia’s back, only one spot though because that was the only spot that wasn’t injured.