Chapter 27: Safe inside

Friday night was the best night I have ever had and I couldn't sleep at all when I got back to the house. I had butterflies in my stomach all throughout the night and Richard wouldn't stop picking on me about it.

It was truly the greatest moment of my life.

Miss Aird has this kind of effect on me that makes me act stupid in front of her, and she makes my whole body catch on fire by one touch. It's crazy how that woman has me wrapped around her finger.

After that kiss we shared, I thought I had died and went to heaven. It was better than the first time we kissed because she was one who kissed me instead of me stealing a kiss from her. And the best thing about it;

She didn't pull away. She brought me closer and I felt my whole body burn from the touch of hers. It was amazing and I felt all kinds of emotions in my heart and stomach, that I was sure was a sign of love.

Yes, I am deeply in love with her.

I just don't have the guts to tell her. I told her I liked her, and that I adored her, which is a less scary way of telling her that I love her. But, I'm pretty sure she already knows that I love her, because it's obvious.

I'm just waiting for the right time to tell her out loud. Or better yet, her to tell me.

Saturday consisted of Richard and I helping his mom clean the house. I didn't mind, because Richard said there wasn't anything for us to do anyways, and he didn't have any money to go out. Which I didn't care, because I didn't like going out anyways.

Saturday night we stayed in and watched movies all night. It was fun and Richard decided to watch some horror movies which his mom didn't like because we kept screaming.

When Sunday morning came, Mr. and Mrs. Semco went to church and left us at the house. It was nice and quiet until Richard decided for us to do something.

He was sprawled out on the couch as I was sitting against the arm rest. We were watching TV but there wasn't anything to watch, so we were basically just sitting there staring into space.

He sat up and looked around me over at the wall then back at me, "We gotta go somewhere! Get ready," ugh. Why can't I just wear my pajamas? I've been wearing them all day and I don't care if anybody judges me.

He pulled me up and told me to get ready. I complained the whole way up the stairs. I didn't want to wear pants today, just let me wear whatever I want.

After I got ready, I ran downstairs and found him standing by the door waiting. He didn't say anything as we left the house. I wasn't sure where he was planning on taking me, but it better not be with a lot of people.

After a while of silence, he spoke, "So, this place I'm taking you will only be for you," I looked over at him as he glanced at me, "I'm not staying," ok, what?

"Why?" that didn't make any sense. Is he really going to drop me off and leave me somewhere?

He chuckled, "It's ok, you'll thank me later,"

I stared at him for a moment but decided to ignore it. I trusted him and I knew he wouldn't leave me somewhere that I didn't like.

I looked around and noticed that we were pulling into a gas station. It was a little away from the town and I couldn't understand why he brought me here.

He's leaving me here?

He shut the engine off and I looked at him, "Ok, what the hell, Richard?" I looked around and immediately started losing my trust in him.

I heard him chuckle and I looked back at him, "It's ok, Terry," ok? He thinks that leaving me here, in this shitty gas station is ok? He's crazy!

I was about to start arguing with him when I saw a familiar car pull up next to us. It took my brain a minute to process everything when I saw a certain blonde start approaching our car.