Chapter 5: Runaway love

When I stepped foot inside the house, I immediately wished I hadn't. I wish I didn't come back, because I knew that shit was waiting for me and I knew I couldn't ever escape from my life.

Sitting on the couch was Phyllis and her two friends. The same guy that tried to stop me the other day, and another guy whom I've seen before but don't know his name. They were all sitting on the couch, looking more fucked up than ever.

I was about to walk back out the door, in hopes that they didn't see me, but of course I never have the best of luck.

"Therese!" I turned to see Phyllis stand up and walk towards me. I winced when she grabbed my arm and pulled me further into the living room. I watched as we stood in front of the couch and I didn't know what the hell was going on. "This is my little sister, you two remember her?" I watched as the two guys could barely keep their eyes open as they looked at me. I felt like I could throw up just by standing near them.

One of the guys stood up in front of me, and I cringed when his hand gripped my arm. "Yeah, I remember her," his hand caressed down my arm and I started panicking.

"Therese, this is Tommy, he's a pretty cool guy and you should get to know him," was she seriously trying to hook me up? Better yet, with him?

I looked over at her and she was smiling at me, but it wasn't the smile that made me want to smile, it was the smile that I knew there was trouble coming.

I looked back at Tommy and he grinned at me while caressing my arm, and I stepped back. He looked at me and smiled, "Now, don't be shy," he stepped towards me again but I kept backing up.

"Therese, stop being a bitch!" I saw Phyllis look at me and I couldn't help but wonder what kind of sister would do this to her younger sister. How can she do this to me?

I shook my head then ran upstairs but I didn't make it up until someone grabbed my ankle and made me trip. My face instantly hit the carpet and I felt pain in my nose. I wiped it to see blood and I looked back down to see Phyllis grabbing my ankle. She tried pulling me but I held onto the wall. There was no way in hell that she was winning this fight.

I started kicking and that's when I felt her grip loosen and I looked back to see her covering her face. Bullseyes. I quickly got up and ran to the window that I jumped out of the other day. I quickly opened it and heard footsteps up the stairs as I was trying to pull it up. I got it up just in time for Phyllis to run to me and I quickly jumped out and landed on the ground.

I looked up to see Phyllis staring down at me, then she ran from the window and I knew that I didn't have much time before she came out of the house to beat me. I needed to run and fast.

I started running down the sidewalk and I didn't even know where I was going because I didn't have anywhere to go. I just knew that I had to get away from here, so I needed to think of somewhere to go.

I just ran. I didn't know where I was running to but I ran and didn't think twice about it. It was better for me to just run until I came to a place, instead of stopping to think of somewhere to go.

I didn't recognize anything around me as I was slowing down my running. I quickly looked back but didn't see anything or anyone so I take that as a good thing. I didn't know if they knew where I went, but hopefully they don't.

I kept looking back, in hopes that they gave up on finding me, and I ran into someone. I steadied myself and apologized to whoever I ran into and when I looked up and met those blue eyes, I knew that this was the beginning of my first heart attack.

"Therese?" she looked me over and I quickly wanted to get out of there. There's no way she should see me like this, let alone be around me when Phyllis is right around the corner somewhere, waiting.