20➟ In which we're bid a fond farewell.

"Good luck?!" I looked at Delphi with wide eyes as we walked down the corridors with what little belongings we had.

"Did you not feel motivated by that? I honestly feel extremely motivated, how could I not?"

I rolled my eyes, catching the smirk on his face from the corner of my eye, "I can't believe that we have to see him every day from now on."

"Believe it, there's not a lot you can do about it now."

"Shut it," I smirked, thinking about the positives of this new dynamic, "hey, you have to do what I say now, I'm your mum."

He shuddered, a disgusted look on his face, "no."

I smiled, throwing an arm around his shoulder as we were closing the final few steps between us and the exit doors to the training facility, "yep," a loud buzzer rang out as we stopped in front of the large metal doors. My hand dropped from Delphi's arm and I felt his hand tug on mine very lightly. I obliged, taking his smaller hand in mine and squeezing it, "ready Rin?"

He rolled his eyes at the name before squeezing my hand back, "100% [Y/N]."

As the doors opened with this horrible squealing sound, I felt as if I was in some kind of epic action film, like the ones I used to watch with Ena when Yoshi asked me to babysit her... Delphi- or Rin as I knew to call him now- and I didn't break our grip on each other as we stepped out into the night.

They didn't bother blindfolding us this time, I imagine that they didn't have to worry about us running away anymore, since we were leaving anyway. Ms Anders and Rin's trainer, a younger man with shoulder-length black hair, stood beside none other than Mrs President herself, standing under the car parks floodlights in all her slicked-back blonde-haired ponytail glory. She was as expressionless as usual, Ms Anders on the other hand, was not.

"Is it me, or does Anders look a bit angry?" Rin's voice sounded in my head.

"Personally I think she's looking rather happy," I responded, "rather happy we're leaving. Why didn't you tell me your trainer was hot?"

I heard Rin snicker slightly as we approached the three, both of them standing with their arms crossed over their chests.

You'd have thought they would've found a more... secure place to have this chat, rather than in the parking lot of the facility. Anyone could be listening if they had the means to get close enough. In times like this, I wondered whether the Commission really was as smart as I used to think they were.

I mean, they had Hawks, how smart could they be?

The President nodded at us, a much nicer greeting than Ms Anders who looked as if she was slightly snarling as we stopped in front of them. "Ephialtes, Delphi, or rather now, [Y/N], Rin. It is a pleasure to see that you've been doing well."

Is this the same person who spoke to me before I came here?

It felt as if she'd done a full 180 degrees.

Why was she acting so nice?

Honestly? I think it was because she had finally gotten what she want. Both of us knew I was 'stuck' with them for a while...

"I'm glad to inform the two of you that I have personally approved this mission. We've prepared everything you will need, appropriate clothing, accommodation, transport, allowance- if we have missed anything, feel free to inform our agent and we'll sort it out for you."

This seems too good to be true.

There has to be some kind of catch- other than the fact that this was all for their own benefit.