5➟ In which my apartment becomes a hostel.

"There's no way you're coming back to mine," I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at Kaji with an appalled look.

He returned that look, "What do you mean 'no way'?"

"I mean, there's no way I'm letting you sleep at my house," I replied, lightly hitting him around the head, making him grunt in annoyance.

"Your house is practically next door to Grace's bar, it makes so much sense to just let me stay."

I rolled my eyes, "If you like me that much, just tell me."

He scoffed, leaning against the bar and letting his head fall back. His long black hair, which was now out of its usual low bun fell loosely behind him. A year ago, I would've flushed bright red at this sight, but now I just turned away shaking my head as Grace smirked.

"Just let the man stay," She looked at him with a pitiful look, "just tore out the poor guy's heart."

He raised a finger, pointing it at me, as he rested on his elbows, "You wish."

"For you to stop pestering me," I took a sip of my drink and hid my smile as Grace hit Kaji around the head with a tea towel.

"Stop lounging about over my bar, taking up all the space," She gave him a pointed look making him slowly push himself up and sit down on the barstool behind him, all while keeping eye contact with her tea towel so that he'd be able to dodge it if Grace went to hit him again.

"Hey," he grumbled, "I'm a paying customer."

"You still have an outstanding bar tab from last month, not to mention today's tab," Grace countered, filling up a pint glass at a beer tap.

Kaji shut up almost immediately, his eyes widening briefly before relaxing his face back into an unbothered look, "I'll get that to you." He pushed his drink toward her and nodded to it, "I haven't had much, you won't be charging me for that, will you?" Kaji sighed, also pushing my drink forward, "She's only drunk a little too," he gave her a charming- almost seductive look, which made her burst into laughter.

"You don't put him on the till do you?" She wiped her eyes, bursting into another fit of laughter at the look of horror I gave her.

"I'm not trying to lose money," I said, reaching forward for my drink and chuckling quietly at the Kaji, who looked as if he was going to cry. He gave me a pleading look and I sighed, coming up with an ultimatum, "Fine, I'll let you stay at mine if you let me finish my drink."

He looked between me and the drink, weighing his options, "Bed or couch?"

I looked him up and down, "Couch."

"Give me that drink n/n," he stared at me plainly, holding out his hand.

"No way!" I laughed, pulling my arm back and standing up when Kaji did.

I raised the glass to my lips and smirked, making him slowly inch closer to me- like he was trying to make me drop a weapon- "Don't you dare n/n."

Looking him dead in the eyes, I shrugged, chugging down my drink and raising my arm victoriously as I placed my now empty drink down. Kaji shook his head and picked up his jacket from its place on the barstool, throwing it on and grabbing my own jacket, "You better let me stay now." He threw me my jacket and I caught it, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, fine. Come on then."

Kaji turned back to Grace, "I promise to pay you as soon as I get paid."

She waved him off, "I know."

"Bye, Grace!" I smiled, shifting my gaze to the table of my work friends to the left of the bar, "See you guys tomorrow."