4➟ In which Homura pulls.

I hummed along to the radio, rapping my fingers against the car door as I spun the window crank, trying to figure out why the window to the 1966 VW beetle wasn't opening.

Most of the cars we got in the shop had more modern mechanisms and although I had worked with window cranks before, they weren't exactly my forte.

"Mura! Can you have a look at this window after you're done?" I called across the garage to the older man who was shamelessly flirting with a woman who had come in to get her tires changed. It was a quick job, but not when Homura was enjoying the attention.

He got quite a bit from the younger women who came into the garage, I swear I heard a group of girls walking by once call him a 'dilf'. I shivered at the thought. I don't think I was the best person to gauge the man's handsomeness considering the fact that I saw him as a father figure.

Homura was relatively tall, not as tall as Yoshi of course, but tall. He had slicked-back dark black hair with steel grey streaks and a well-kept beard which gave him a rather prominent jawline. He wasn't a man to shy away from the grey hairs, rather, he embraced them saying that they fit in rather well with his 'rugged biker' look. His looks worked in two ways, on one hand, it seemed to work rather well at bringing in the ladies, on the other, it did a great job at scaring the shit out of the teenagers that tried to spraypaint the outside garage walls.

"'Course n/n, but only if you help ring up this doll." He winked at the woman who stood beside her car as he rest against the side of the car, a leg up on a stool beside the wheel and an arm loosely rest atop it. She blushed and lightly smacked his upper arm, giggling when the man flexed his bicep.

I groaned and nodded, "Yeah just send her over to the register."

I wiped my hands on a piece of cloth in my pocket and made my way over to the desk, nodding to Kaji who was sat on the counter, various tools spread about him as he put the new card machine on an extendable arm.

"Got any new ideas for what you're gonna name this one?" He turned his head in my direction and smirked, pushing a screwdriver against the screw and beginning to turn it.

"I was thinking something along the lines of Collin or Cuthbert."

"What the fuck is Cuthbert?" He scoffed, pushing a strand of hair out of his face with the tip of a screwdriver.

"A name." I pushed the counter table up and went behind the desk, now coming face to face with Kaji.

He was a relatively new worker at the garage, garnering him the nickname 'newbie' which he absolutely hated, only fueling everyone's use of the name. He nearly always wore his hair in a low man bun, the loose strands that fell in front of his face only darkening his deep-set dark brown eyes. It gave him this piercing look, one that worked on me the first time we met. I'll admit, I had a rather shameless crush on the guy when he first started because of it.  Now I'd grown accustomed to it, he just looked like that, just a look, no need to get too excited.

"Yeah, a fucking shitty one."

Plus, his attitude wasn't the best.

"Calm down newbie." I teased, turning on the touch screen and putting in the passcode.

I heard him curse at me under his breath and just shook my head, looking across the garage to see Homura continuing to flirt with the woman he asked me to ring up.