3➟ In which Hawks admits to being a stalker.

We were outside now, in some dingy back-lit alleyway, he could kill me right now and nobody would notice. To be completely truthful, I wouldn't put it past him either.

It's not like we've both not done that before.

It was strange to see him in person. Where I remembered him as a small stoic yet enthusiastic Keigo Takami, the world knew him as the charismatic ladies man: Pro-Hero Hawks. I'd say the change was jarring if I hadn't already seen him on the news. I'd never intentionally looked out for him, he just always happened to be there. It seemed like no one had gotten over the fast-paced chart-topping new hero. There was always at least one story about him in the gossip section of the news, people couldn't get enough of him.

'Pro-hero Hawks does this! Pro-hero Hawks does that!'

Very important information if you ask me. How could I start my day without knowing where he went for dinner last night?

It set me on edge though, this man was almost always followed by the paparazzi, any second now someone could jump out from the garbage bin for all I know, snap a picture of him next to me and then the HPSC would have a candid shot of their favourite hero and least favourite runaway.

He'd changed, one could say he'd grown into his looks- but not me, of course, why would I?

What I mean to say is: it made sense he was so popular. It was no secret he was a ladies man.

He was taller. Obviously. It'd been nearly 10 years now, of course, he would've grown. What I was the most surprised by was his eyes, they were exactly the same as the last day I looked into them. His pupils were almost engulfed by pools of liquid gold, piercingly bright and guarded, almost like a metaphorical dragon protecting its treasure.

Every one of his features had a sharp look about it. The natural markings under his waterline had become more defined over the years, perhaps it was time, or maybe he had started going over them with eyeliner to make them more defined- either way, his eyes were more birdlike than ever before, hawk-like, staring me down as if he was a bird of prey and I was his dinner. He had a sharp jawline too, further accentuated by the faint stubble on his chin. It was as of everything about him was in high definition.

The sound of him clearing his throat broke the silence, "Just so you know, I didn't mean to find you, you just happened to work at the scene of a crime I was called to while I was on patrol."

I stared at him rather stupidly, "But I had a wielding mask on?"

He returned the stare, "But you didn't for the first 5 minutes. Plus-" he pointed between our eyes with two fingers, "it's all in the eyes. If I hadn't recognised your face earlier I would've during the questioning." The blonde shrugged as if that much was obvious.

"So why did you follow me to the bar? Or was that just some kind of 'coincidence'?"

"I'll admit I was curious..." he trailed off.

"You were curious, so you threatened me with a feather blade?"

"I was taking precaution!"

"Precaution? What the hell was I going to do Mr 'I'm so fast the world has to keep up with me' tell you to slow down so that I could kick you in the balls?"

He smirked cockily, "Aw, you watched that interview."

"What? I- No! It was just on in the background, I have... photographic memory?"