𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

"You can call me Charlie, Aimee" he smiles. The vampire nods with a smile that wasn't able to leave her face.

"Well in that case you can call me Aims, only my friends do, so I'd feel pretty special if I were you" Aimee jokes, causing the man to laugh and nod.

"Okay I'm ready to go" Bella interrupts the two. Aimee stands up and makes her way towards Bella.

"Okay, I think I left my phone in your room, I'll be back." Aimee smiles.

As Aimee walks upstairs Charlie turns to Bella. "You look great Bells. I hope you have a good time tonight" he says softly.

"Thanks dad" she hugs him just as Aimee joins them. "Take good care of her tonight, Aims" Charlie instructs with a smile.

"I will, Charlie." The vampire nods. Bella watches, her jaw drops as she sees them talking like friends.

"Let's go" Aimee takes Bella's arm and guides her to her motor bike.

"Since when were you guys on first name and nickname terms?" Bella asks with a confused but incredibly happy face.

"What? Oh me and Charlie? He seems to think you're obsessed with me so I thought he had a right to call me Aims" the vampire smirks as she clasps on Bella's helmet.

Bella's hands wrap around the blondes waist as she starts the bike. "I'm so glad you guys talk about me when I'm not present" Bella says sarcastically.

|______________|

"The Volturi are an extremely old, very powerful family. I would say they're the closest thing my world has to royalty." Aimee begins to explain.

The vampire and Bella were stood in front of a portrait of the Volturi that hung on one of the wall as in the Cullen house.

Aimee was currently explaining who the Volturi was to the clueless human.

"Is that Carlisle?" Bella asks, pointing to a familiar man in the painting.

"Yes. He lived with them for a few decades. Described them as very refined. No respect to human life, of course, but respect for the arts and the sciences, at least. And the law. Above all, the law.".

"Vampires have laws?" Bella asks. "Not very many. And only one that's regularly enforced." Aimee explains.

"What is it?".

"That we keep the existence of our kind a secret. We don't make spectacles of ourselves. And we don't kill conspicuously. Unless, of course, you want to die." Aimee explains further.

"You have got to stop talking like that. I can't even begin to imagine someone hurting you." Bella mutters, biting her nail, nervously.

"Bella.. the only thing that can hurt me is you. And therefore i don't have anything else to be afraid of"

"That's not true" Bella argues. Her mind flooding with images of the red head.

"Victoria.. she won't hurt me. She considers me her one true love. Her soulmate if you will. She couldn't hurt me if she desperately wanted to. And as far as her hurting you, Alice will see when and what she decides and we'll be ready." Aimee answers.

"I could protect you. If you change me." Bella tells her girlfriend with a small smile. Aimee walks forward and wraps her arms around Bella's waist.

"Bella. You already protect me. You're my only reason to stay alive. If that's what I am. But it's my job to protect you." Aimee whispers.

Bella captures her lips with her own. "I got you a present" Aimee admits. Bella's eyes widen "Aimee, the plane tickets were more than enough" she scolds.

"Well, I didn't have to buy this.." she says as she pulls out a small necklace. Bella gasps at the beauty of it.

"It was mine and jasper's mother's" Aimee smiles. She turns Bella around and places it around her neck. Bella hold it's as she looks at her reflection.

"I love it" Bella whispers. Aimee smiles and kisses Bella's forehead.

"Alice's coming" Aimee tells Bella, hearing her sisters excitable footsteps getting closer.

As if on cue Alice comes running in "it's time, it's time, it's time!" She yells. Alice takes Bella's hand and drags out the room as Aimee laughs at her girlfriends worried expression.

"Here we go".

|______________|