𝖨𝖵. 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖧𝖮𝖲𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖠𝖫

𝖳𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗩 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟

𝖳𝖶𝖨𝖫𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗩 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟

THOUGHTS SWIRLED AROUND in Aimee's mind as she thought of ways to answer her mate. Lie. Be rude if you have to. Make it seem like she's in the wrong.

"What are you talking about? I was right next to you, Bella?" Aimee lies, she felt a tang of guilt as Bella looked up at her with a confused and saddened look.

"No. You were next to your motor bike. Across the lot." Bella argues. Aimee just scoffs and looks away from her mate before looking right back into her eyes.

"No i wasn't" Aimee lies. Again. "Yes you were" Bella protests as Aimee pretends to look confused.

"Bella, you've clearly hit you head a little too hard. I just think you're confused and mistaken" Aimee says softly.

"I know what I saw!" Bella almost yells. "And what exactly was that, Bella?" The blonde girl asks as she grows annoyed at the humans questions.

"You stopped the van, you pushed it away with your hand." Bella stammers.

Aimee sighs, she knew if it kept her family and Bella safe she had to be rude. "Well, nobody's going to believe you, so.." she trails off, angrily.

"I wasn't gonna tell anybody. I just need to know the truth." Bella says quietly.

"Can't you just thank me and get over it?" Aimee asks through her teeth.

"Thank you" Bella quickly replies but the curiosity in her eyes gave her away. "You're not gonna let this go, are you?" Aimee asks with a sigh.

"No" Bella shortly replies. "Well I hope you get used to disappointment" Aimee speaks, shaking her head as she once again walks away from her mate.

Aimee's stomach knotted with guilt and anger as she walked to her 'fathers' office. She hated lying to Bella and being rude about it made it ten times worse but Aimee ultimately knew it would keep the Swan girl safe.

AIMEE PUSHED OPEN the front door of her family home as she arrived from the hospital with Rose and Carlisle.

Esme was outside hunting with Emmett and Jasper as Alice sat with Edward.

"Hey, how is she?" Alice asks, referring to Bella. "She's okay, no major damage" Carlisle says with a small smile before he nods goodbye and walks to his room to wait for his wife.

Aimee watches him walk off before tuning back to her adoptive siblings. "I take it you're still freezing her out?" Alice asks as she sees her sister in law looking duller than ever.

"I just want to get to know her but if keeping her away is the best way to keep her safe, I just have to endure it" Aimee mutters.

The Cullens could tell that it was hurting Aimee that she wasn't getting the chance to be with her mate as she was human. Luckily the others had met their mates when they were all, fortunately, vampires.

"We understand that but why don't you try to be nicer towards her?" Jasper asks, hoping it would make his sister feel better.

Aimee sighed and dramatically fell onto the couch with her head in her hands. She let out an annoyed sigh, "I can't... I just can't risk it" she mutters.

THAT NIGHT, AIMEE left the Cullen house and visited the swan residence. She was curious to know whether Bella was okay. The blonde vampire stood at the end of Isabella's bed as she watched her peacefully sleep. It brought comfort to Aimee knowing her mate was safe.

Bella was squirming on her mattress as if she was in a bad dream. Suddenly the human girl jolted forward, she noticed Aimee stood in her room.

Thinking she was imagining it, she went to turn the light on Aimee rushed out the window and into the forest where she was out of sight.