#024

𝐆𝐢𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐊𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐞 | 𝐆𝐢𝐨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm out" I told Mason while sitting in front of his desk.

"You what?" He questioned me with his eyebrow raised.

"I'm out. Its a target on my girl back right now and that's not something I want. I need to figure out what the fuck is going on and why and I can't do that if you want me to come running every time you snap your fingers" I explained.

"What does yo girl getting shot at have to do with me?" He asked with a sly grin on his face.

"You not helping me figure this shit out"

"That's not my job" He shrugged.

"Exactly, it's mine and I need to focus on that so I'm out"

He stared at me intensely before leaning forward on his desk, "When I first met you, I told you it was my rules. YOU don't tell ME what you're going to do. You need this money"

"You expected me to stay in this shit all my fucking life? I'm set for the next 45 years so I don't need shit" I hissed.

"When I picked yo li 17 year old ass off that fucking corner I told you there's only one way to get out of this shit!" He yelled.

"Mason I did not come here to debate with you" I shook my head. "I'm fucking out"

"Watch yo self Gio, I told you the only way to get out of this is to lose yo life. Allis nancy drew shit ain't gon mean a damn thing when you dead" He chuckled as I walked out of his office. I knew the only person I needed to talk to about this was my dad.

I jogged down the steps of the house and climbed into my car checking my text messages for any updates on Amani. She's been in the hospital for about a week now and she was supposed to be getting released in a few days. She was hit in the stomach twice and another one grazed her shoulder.

The doctors wanted to make sure everything was fine with her before they let her leave. She was going to have to be on bedrest for a few weeks, obviously. I went to the text thread with my mom and texted her.

Ma

What you doin?

Im about to cook
Are you okay?

I'm good
Marcus over there?

He just ran out to the store
Is your girlfriend okay?

Yeah Im gonna stop at the hospital and come over there

Okay
Be safe, I love you

Love you too ma

__________

I closed my phone and pulled my seatbelt on before pulling off and making my way to the hospital.

$$$

"So?" I dragged and stuffed my hands into my pockets. I stood in Amani's room and looked at her before looking back at Dr. Swank. As drained as she is she still looked beautiful.

"Everything looks good for you to be discharged on Friday. I'm gonna prescribe you some hydromorphone and you can take that as needed" He said before looking up from his clipboard. "I'm gonna give you guys a minute to talk"