my fault pt.2

sorry for the really long wait!

he was with her.

all si yin saw was red.

"you- you two-"

he jumped up.

"no, no, it's not what you think-"

"not what i think? what am i supposed to think then?! when i see you two together like this, am i supposed to blindly think nothing's going on between you two?"

"si yin-"

"how long has this been going on for?"

"i-"

"how long?"

"since a few days ago." xuan nu spoke up. "we truly love each other, it isn't like you and him! the two of you could never go well together. you are of different worlds."

si yin's eyes had gone steely cold.

and instead of cursing them to the heavens, instead of screaming and raging at them, she turned back toward the cave entrance, tears in her eyes, for she didn't have the energy and heart to deal with both of them. she didn't want to feel anything.

that was the first time in 70,000 years, that she had ever had her heart broken.

_________________
mo yuan clenched his fist. the second prince had, overcome by lust, betrayed the woman who had been devoted to him. it was no wonder that bai qian was heartbroken.

but he could do nothing. while this did in a sense affect the relationship between tribes, it was, eventually, a personal matter, and no matter how much he might want to stand up for seventeen, he knew this was something he could not interfere in.

and so all he could do was soothe his sobbing disciple as she poured the anguish in her heart out through the night.

________________
"don't touch me." the second prince declared to the shocked xuan nü. "you are not her."

"i told you i could be! you never gave me a chance, you have married me yet all you can think about is her; who do you take me for?"

li jing sighed. "in some ways i am similar to many kings and princes like you think; we both made a poor marriage."

and he got up and left the room, xuan nu sinking to her knees and bursting into tears.

and yet as li jing strode away, there was no satisfaction in him that he had made clear his boundaries to his wife, as it was overpowered by the misery in the pit of his stomach.

because he knew that after every excuse he made, si yin was crying and betrayed, and he had ended up making a marriage he regretted. everything he did had led up to this.

because everything, was ultimately his fault.

*there will be no part 3 for this!*