just as you always have

bai qian and ye hua oneshot
fluff :>

the peach blossom forest was always the same. just like today.

no sound, except for the rustling of the blossom petals on the ground.

and just as how ye hua had once met her, she was on a tree, drinking what seemed to be the seventh bottle of zhe yan's peach wine.

she leaned back. she felt so peaceful, and happy, even more so now that ye hua was sitting right below the tree, smiling fondly at her.

and maybe it was her imagination, but a gust of wind blew across the forest, scattering more petals, blowing the ruffles of her robe in every direction. whatever it was, it had her falling off the tree before she could react.

it was a relief ye hua had fast reflexes.

before she knew it, she was in his arms, his large hands supporting her back so she wouldn't fall.

"you okay?" his warm voice, filled with laughter, said.

"i am." she said, and tumbled out of his arms, eyes sparkling. "of course i am."

he smiled. "good. but should you fall from the tree again, i'll always be here to catch you. you know that, don't you?"

bai qian could not stop the broad smile forming on her face.

she didn't need to worry about falling and hitting rock bottom. she didn't need to worry that she would never get back up, because ye hua would never allow it.

and he would never let her fall, would never let her hit the ground. he would always catch her and make sure she was firm on her feet. he was a home. he was her home.

and no matter what would happen in their lives, no matter what stood in their way... ye hua would be right behind her, every step of the way.

just as he always had.

"yes, i know."