<Chapter Five> Guard up

Sandwich Boi :)

⚠️ TW: blood, self harm, self hate, crying, panic attack ish? mentions of suicide ⚠️
I think that's all, please comment if I missed any! Enjoy :)

(Short flashback)

  Ranboo heard his doorbell ring, and opened it to see his two excited friends standing there, about to launch themselves into his arms.

But they stopped when they saw the state Ranboo was in.

Their faces dropped, and changed to that of worry.

'Ranboo..?'

Tommy POV

As we walked in and saw Ranboo, Tubbo immediately became worried.

Confused, I looked up at him too.
(Haha ShortInnit go brrr)

And I immediately understood why Tubbo looked so frightened.

I knew Ranboo was skinny, but this was on another level of skinny. At this point he was just skin and bones.
He was as pale as if he had never seen the sun in his life.
He had huge circles under his eyes, he clearly hadn't slept in days.
He tried to smile, but it ended up just coming out as a pained, way too obviously fake grimace.
Tubbo and I just looked at him silently.

He seemed to notice something was wrong, because he stopped, instead just looking at us, confused.

'Ranboo, what.. what happened to you..?' Tubbo finally said.

Ranboo just stared at him blandly, sighing to himself.

'I'm fine, Tubbo. Just come inside.' He said, not even bothering to smile anymore.
He knew it would only make him look worse anyway.

Hesitantly, Tubbo walked inside, not taking his eyes off of the tall boy. I followed him.

He walked into the living room, and indicated the couch for us to sit down, and we did, followed by a long, uncomfortable silence.

None of us spoke.
Tubbo and I were too busy worrying about why he looked like he was a zombie, or even a skeleton returning from the dead, and he looked just as nervous, but for totally different reasons.

Ranboo POV:

They know something is up, you can't even hide it?
Dream spoke in an annoying sing-song voice that made Ranboo even more anxious than he already was.

He was silent, trying to stay quiet and not give Dream any sort of reaction.
If he shouted or started crying Tommy and Tubbo were sure to notice something was wrong, so obviously he couldn't do that.

The best he could do was sit here and take in everything the voice said, without a single word.

Believe it or not, it was hard to remain patient in this situation. 
Ranboo felt a hot tear trickle down his cheek, turning away from the other two to make sure they didn't notice.

Ooh, ender boy is crying? Make sure your "friends" don't notice!
Dream said, cackling loudly, making Ranboo's ears ring, and his head pound painfully.

You should go up to your room, maybe they wouldn't notice there...
Dream recommend. For once, Ranboo actually agreed with him.

He cleared his throat, and spoke nervously, though trying to sound confident.

'I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick. Be right back.' He said, heading towards the stairs.

'Upstairs? Is the bottom one not working or what?' Tommy asked, confused.

'Oh, uh.. yeah, yeah it's blocked.' He lied.
And despite the suspicious looks he got from his friends, he quickly made his way upstairs, and straight into his room.

There he sat down on his bed, curling into himself, and shutting his eyes tightly.

You're so weak, Ranboo. Why do you even bother...?

Shaking from his sobs, Ranboo leaned his head on his knees, and wrapped his scarily thin arms around himself.
With that, his sleeve came up a bit, revealing scars both old and new, big and small, light and deep.

But there was nobody here to see it, so Ranboo didn't bother to pull it back down.

Ranboo tried to fight the urge to add a few more -he really did- he was just really bad at it.

Eventually, he gave in, getting up and making his way to the bathroom next to his room.

The knife was already on display, as it had been used just the night before.
It still had dried blood on it, Ranboo hadn't bothered to clean it or put it away.

He gently took it with shaky fingers, and leaned against the wall for support.

1 cut because you're ugly

2 cuts because you're weak

3 cuts because you can't even hide it from your friends

4 cuts because you're still alive

5 cuts because you're too scared to do it

~•~•~•~•~

A/N

Okay, so I don't usually write A/N's here, but..

I just came back after one day away, and my story just sort of "blows up"!?

I left on Friday, and the story only had one vote, no ranks, and like 5 reads.
I come back a day later to 28 reads, 6 votes, 19th place out of 1,2 k stories on "voices" and I don't even know what else- like- thank you so much!!! ❤️ 😊

October 23, 2021

Broken Mirror- Ranboo angstजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें