Chapter Thirty-One.

Mulai dari awal

"She was carrying my grandchild?" He whispered, making me nod. "Why didn't she come and speak to me about it?" He questioned, trying his hardest to choke back tears.

"Michael, I really believe that Lindsay didn't intend for anyone to know about this. I only knew because I found the positive pregnancy test that fell out of her bag..." I justified, hoping it would reassure him a little.

"Well, how long have you known about it?!" He exclaimed in question, his raw emotions running away with him.

"The day that we brought you home from the hospital..." I muttered, my words angering him because he realised that was weeks ago. "That's not the point though! Lindsay is obviously very fragile and emotional right now and is going to need support off everyone she cares about, including you..." I reasoned, wanting him to look at the bigger picture.

He slumped forward on the table, his head in his hands. "Well, that explains the root of the argument with Finn..." He mumbled, straightening himself up and looking me dead in the eye. "Thank you so much Sian. You've done so much for our family and Lindsay obviously appreciates you a lot to share such a big secret..." He confessed, taking my hand in his. "I love you so much."

"I love you too!" I breathed out, launching myself at him as our lips connected.

Melting into the embrace, I came to the conclusion that this is what I was missing from my marriage with Jez. Towards the end, there was no physical intimacy and that was all down to me because all I wanted was Michael. It wouldn't have been right for me to have continued being intimate with Jez when my true feelings were with the guy I was kissing right now.

Slowly pulling away, I leant my forehead against his, our eyes doing all the talking for us. He pecked my lips one more time before he stood up from the table, taking a hold of his crutch as an aid. "Where are you going?" I asked, perplexed at his sudden change in mood.

"I've started to ache again so I'm going to take myself back upstairs and rest..." He smiled, leaving the room again, which allowed me to get back to my marking.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't comprehend why he kissed me and then just left the room. Was it genuinely because of the Lindsay situation or was he hiding something? I guess only time will tell.

Michael's P.O.V

Climbing the stairs cautiously, I made a quick detour into the bathroom to pick up some more of my medication before I hauled myself back into bed, the weight taken off my body washing relief through my body.

Consumed by my thoughts, I started crying, thinking about my beautiful daughter going through this chapter in her life alone. Why didn't she tell me? I hope it had nothing to do with the fact that I warned her about getting pregnant this year. Was she scared about how I'd react? The thought of that being the case disgusted me because even though I wouldn't have been overjoyed, I still would have supported her, no matter what decision she eventually made.

I was snapped out of my personal thoughts when I heard the vibration sound of my phone, which was situated on top of the bedside table. Reaching my arm out, I retrieved the device, seeing Lindsay's name flash up on my screen with the envelope icon next to it, informing me I had a message.

Lindsay: Hey. I'm gonna b staying at Lauren's 2nite. I'll b home after school 2morrow. Love u x

Dad: That's fine darling. I also want to inform you that Sian has told me everything, about the fact you were pregnant and you chose to have an abortion. I don't want you to think you have to justify your actions, nor am I going to lecture you about your decision. All I want you to know is that I am here to support you every step of the way and to reiterate that you can talk to me about anything and everything. Enjoy your night at Lauren's and I'll see you tomorrow. Love you. Dad x