Kayla's party

Y/n is sitting in her dorm one Thursday, trying out some of the Wheezes Fred and George had sent when Kayla comes up to her.

Y/n: "What can I help you with, Goldstein?"

Kayla: "Call me Kayla, please. I needed your help with organizing a party for all students in our year. Here's Dumbledore's permit."

Kayla hands y/n a sheet with Dumbledore's signature.

Y/n: "Holy- you got Dumblydora's permit! Alright, we need venue, date, time, invitations, and snacks."

Kayla: "Where do we start Potter?"

Y/n: "Call me Y/n. Well, Kayla, R.O.R is easily the best venue. We can have it on Sunday, probably after 6 p.m. I'll send out the invites. You want everyone from our year to come, right?"

Kayla: "Yes. Everyone. I'll go arrange snacks and party things - music, games to play, and all of that."

Y/n: "Sure! Hold up- How in the world did Dumbledore give you permission?"

Kayla: "I got lucky. Also, everyone needs a date for the party. But I best start preparing, bye!"

Y/n is happy about the whole party thing, until she realizes she will have to face Draco at the party. Also, how the fvck did dumbledore give kayla permit?

Y/n sends out the invites, and the party is the only thing everyone can talk about.

Hermione: "I'm going with Cormac!"

Y/n: "Who the hell am I going with?"

Kayla: "Your boyfriend, ofcourse!"

Y/n: "Kayla - we broke up."

Kayla: "Oh- I'm sorry. I'll find you a date. What about you, V?"

Veronica (Prewett) : "I'm going to ask out this blonde slytherin, Draco Malfoy. He's really cute."

Hermione(whispers): "Should we tell her?"

Y/n(whispers): "Don't you dare."

Kayla: "You do realize he's Y/n's ex-boyfriend?"

Veronica: "I can't believe he would date a dump like you!"

Kayla: "What the fvck is up with you V?"

Hermione: "Why are you a Gryffindor again? You act like a total Slytherin."

Y/n: "Jokes apart, you're actually better for Draco then I am."

Hermione: "What the fvck. What the actual fvck, Y/n?"

Y/n: "I mean V's pretty, she's pureblooded, I ship. In fact, I could set you guys up. On a date. Unless he already has a new girlfriend."

Hermione(snaps fingers in your face): "Are you out of your mind?"

Y/n: "No I'm not!"

Y/n takes out a parchment and her quill and writes-

Dear Draco,

I have a friend, Veronica Prewett, and I think you would like to meet her? How about you take her to Hogsmeade sometime?

Yours truly, Y/n.

Hermione: "What. an. idiot."

Y/n: "Here Cely, deliver this please."

TIME CUT

Celestine brings back Draco's reply. Veronica and Y/n read it together->

My dearest Y/n

I realize we are no longer together, but there is no need to rub it in passively. And that friend of yours, Prewett. She's not a real friend if she shows an interest in your ex. I think it is obvious that  I'm not taking her to Hogsmeade. I know breaking up hasn't been easy on either of us- but please, don't be like this! Please know, I still love you, even if you do not feel the same.

All yours, D.M.

Veronica scoffed as she stormed out off the common room.

Kayla: "Geez, you found yourself a great guy."

Y/n looks at the letter with pure love in her eyes.

Hermione: "Just write back, will you?"

DRACOS POV

Blaise: "She freaking tried to set you up?"

Draco: "I know, right? It's like she hates me now."

Pansy: "You know, I think she had different intentions."

The last thing I want is Y/n to hate me. I was up till late in the night, kicking all the expensive knick-knacks in my room, when the beautiful snowy owl entered my room.

"Here you go, Cely. Thanks!" I said, feeding her from my owl's bowl. I read the letter she had brought, my heart dancing madly.

My beautiful boy,

I was interested in setting Prewett up with you since I thought she was your sort- you know, pureblooded, pretty. And no, I never intended to rub anything in. You were right about Prewett being a fake friend. It's funny how warm and caring you are through your letter, you seem quite cold and distant in person. I love you too, my blonde ferret!

All yours, Potter, Y/n.

"Did she- just call me her- beautiful boy?" I thought, blushing, as I imagined her saying that. Oh, how I would sell my soul for just another moment with her. I'm as equally unhappy about being called a ferret. But ya know, you win some, you lose some.