Shrieking Fruit Bat Blood

Draco and Y/n meet in the R.O.R. for an entire week, insulting one another and working on the veritaserum and its essay.

"I treasure the time I don't spend with you." Malfoy said, one day as he stirred the potion.

"Atleast we both agree on something." Y/n replied, cutting moonkelp.

They worked in silence for a few minutes.

"Draco.. We might have a bit of a problem." Y/n said, gravely.

"Yes, we both know you are a problem, but-"

"I'm serious! We need some Shrieking Fruit Bat Blood for the Veritaserum! Where is it?" Y/n said, mild anger radiating from her.

"About that... I kind of....forgot to let you know, and it... is not with me." Malfoy stuttered, scared.

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME YOUR DUMBASS FORGOT TO BUY IT LAST HOGSMEADE WEEKEND?" Y/n yelled.

"I'll just buy it the next weekend!" Draco said.

"YOU WILL NOT. Our potion needs to be turned in in 4 days, and the next Hogsmeade weekend is 2 weeks away. Also, if we do not add the Bat blood now, all our work is going to be wasted! Do you understand how much-" Y/n yelled.

"There is only one way out." Draco said. "We need to steal from Snape's personal store. After all, all we need is only a few drops!"

"It is already 8 p.m!" Y/n said, exasperated.

"The teachers meet in the staff room till 9 p.m. We have one hour ahead of us, without Snape in his office." Draco said.

"Let's just get this over with." Y/n said, as they both leave the R.O.R.

They climb down the floors to go to Snape's store, when on the second floor, y/n sees Filch and Mrs. Norris.

"Draco- Filch!" Y/n said, as Draco took her by the wrist and pulled her into a small, dimly lit broomstick cupboard.

"Mmmm... this smells like mahog-"Y/n's sentence was cut off by Draco, who pressed his hand onto her mouth, clearly meaning "shut up."

The cupboard was very small, so Y/n and Draco's bodies were pressed against each other. Y/n could feel Draco's breathing on her neck. After sometime

"Filch's gone. I think we should get going." Draco said.

"Thank you so much, Dray!" Y/n said.

"Thank me for what?" Draco asked.

"For saving me from Filch.. I appreciate it." Y/n said.

"Don't mention it." Draco said.

A rare, warm smile lit up his face as Y/n and Draco finally reached Snape's Office.

"Now, where would Snape keep a Shrieking Fruit Bat?" Draco thought aloud.

"Probably in a sound-proof area, so that Snape doesn't need to hear the shrieks. Probably, on the fourth line of the third shelf. Looks like a good spot." Y/n suggested.

"Y/n, you're a genius!" Draco said excitedly, as he had found a shrieking bat.

He opened the box, and the bat's blood-curdling screams filled the office.

Y/n, scared out of her wits, without even realizing, hugged Draco tightly.

Draco smiled to himself and hugged her back.

They then pulled away awkwardly and cut a slit on its bottom and collected a little blood in a vial and fought the bat back into its case.

Just then, they heard footsteps approaching.

"Draco, hide in there! I'll handle this!" Y/n said, pushing Draco into a dingy corner.