26

SEPT, 20TH

He stirs from his sleep, feeling just slightly disoriented. "Sseun?" he mumbles, blinking away the sleep from his eyes. The sunlight filters through his curtains, illuminating the said boy next to him, still sleeping soundly. He reaches a hand out and gingerly cups his jaw, stroking his cheek with his thumb.

He chuckles, inwardly. "Was last night too tiring for you?" he murmurs, quietly, eyes roaming his face. He startles a bit when Jackson holds onto his hand, eyes opening slowly to lock with his.

"I mean, I did do most of the work so yeah, it was kind of tiring. The blissful kind of tiring, though, don't get me wrong. How are you feeling, though?"

"I feel great," Jinyoung answers, smiling softly, as Jackson reaches out to brush a strand of hair falling into his face.

"You felt great, too, I'm assuming? In reference to last night," Jackson says, waggling his eyebrows, tone teasing. He laughs when Jinyoung shoves at his chest lightly. He wraps his arms around the younger and nuzzles his face on the crook of his neck. "Doing this with someone you like really does make a difference," he says, voice muffled against his neck.

Jinyoung traces invisible shapes on the older's back, humming softly. "It does, doesn't it?" he agrees.

Jackson tilts his head back to look at him, then moves up a little to indulge him in a lazy kiss; they roll over with Jinyoung lying on his back, Jackson straddling Jinyoung. Jinyoung eyes fall shut, his fingers tangling in the older's hair as Jackson nibbles on his bottom lip.

He gazes at Jackson when they separate, his palm laying splayed on his bare chest. He surveys the way Jackson's lips are pulled back in that soft smile of his, and his heart skids a little in his chest.

He falls just a little deeper, everyday.

"Sseun?" he says, lightly, reaching out to cup his jaw.

"Hm?"

"I love you, too, you know."

When Jackson sits back on his heels to stare at him with a look of slight surprise, Jinyoung wonders if he's said something wrong. He sits up, too, concern clouding his mind. 

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Did he hear him wrong last night? His words, a figment of his imagination. 

"Is it too early to say that?" he asks, visibly panicking. "I'm sorry, I didn't— I thought I—"

"Hey, no," Jackson interjects, squeezing his thighs gently. "Don't apologise, it's fine. I just— I was caught off guard. I thought you didn't hear me last night." He leans in, brushing the tips of their noses together, before tilting his head slightly to plant a quick kiss on his lips. "I love you," he repeats with gentle certainty, pulling away to look at him, hands finding their way into Jinyoung's. "I really do."

His sweet smile is back, and Jinyoung is fucking whipped beyond belief.

Something in Jinyoung's chest stirs. "Christ," Jinyoung mutters, staring unabashedly at his smile, "you're so annoying."

He pulls him in by nape of his neck, into a searing kiss. They fall back onto the mattress with a soft thump, in a mess of limbs, lips still connected and hands all over each other.

It ends up being messier than usual, and they break apart from each other in a fit of hysterical laughter, and while Jinyoung hates when things are messy, he doesn't mind this type of messy. Not when it's with Jackson, and not when his laughter rings in his ears like this. 

"So what do you say about a round two?" Jackson asks, laughter dying down, hands on either side of Jinyoung.

"Round two?" Jinyoung repeats. "Well," he says, flipping their position with little to no effort so he's straddling the other instead, head tilted to the side slightly, hands splayed on his chest.