"What made you change your mind?" he replied with a smug smile.

George rolled his eyes playfully, "I hate everyone I meet, don't let it get to your head."

"You don't hate me anymore," Dream said matter-of-factly.

George looked away from him, squinting out the window. "You're different."

"Yeah, how so?"

"Yeah, you're..." the brunette paused.

Amazing? Adorable? Very one of a kind?

What the fuck.

"Tolerable."

Dream laughed, "Nice word choice."

"Shut up before I find you not tolerable."

George didn't think it was possible, but he looked away even more, as Dream wasn't even in the room.

He didn't know why he was doing this, or even why his face was flaring into a blossoming color that could be mistaken for a wild forest fire.

This was Dream. Dream who was maybe amazing and one of a kind, but definitely not adorable.

"Wanna talk about it?" Dream said, placing his chin on the backrest of the chair. He spun around a few times, finally resting a lazy gaze on George.

"About?"

The blonde smiled gently, tilting his head to one side, which George found mildly attractive.

Stop.

"Somethings obviously on your mind," Dream said.

"No, it's nothing."

"Talk to me, George."

"I can't, I'm sorry."

Dreams smile faltered a bit.

"No, not like that- Dream," George immediately said. "It's not about you, I'm fine."

"Are you sure-"

No, absolutely not.

"Yea, Dream. Thank you, though."

"Well, I'm always here for you."

God, why did he have to be so nice?

"Still hate you."

"I bet you do," Dream laughed again.

The faint sound of heels clicked along the hallway, and they were only getting closer to the room. Shortly after, a small knock filled up the silence.

"Come in," George said, his voice a bit disappointed, seeing as they had interrupted a perfectly good conversation.

The door opened and Niki poked her head into the room, raising an eyebrow as she realized that Dream was present.

"Hi, Niki!" Dream waved fondly.

She waved back, a joyful yet tired expression on her face. She faced George with a hint of apology, "Doctor wants to meet with you."

Niki tried her best to smile, but she was obviously exhausted. Her hair was messily untied from her pin-neat bun and there were dark circles under her eyes. Even her cheerful expression was replaced with a solemn look, and it looked like she had been crying.

"Not the best time right now," George says bleakly, making sure that it wouldn't completely break her. Niki was a strong person who endured in all situations, but George had never seen her like this.