"And Tom." Natalie added. Whenever Natalie was home, Tom had knocked on the door too many times, asking to see Amber, but Amber was never around. And then he just gave up. And Natalie knew that something was going on there.

"What?" Amber asked.

"I just noticed that you haven't been hanging out with him, like before." Natalie pointed out.

"He got into a fight for me and I can't look him in the eyes anymore." The teenager confessed. She felt really bad about what had happened. She couldn't even recognise herself. So instead she stayed away from her people.

"Well, I don't even want to know what could happen if it wasn't for him." Natalie sat down next to Amber.

"I was really stupid, I am sorry."

"I just want you to be safe, because not everyone is nice like Tom." Natalie wrapped her arm around Amber's shoulder, bringing her in for a side hug.

"What are you doing mom?" Amber asked annoyed.

"I know you have a crush on him, I am just pointing out that he could have a crush on you." Natalie shrugged and gave her daughter a knowing smile.

"Yeah, that's impossible." Amber shook her head. "He was dating someone last time I talked to him at least. Look, just tell me what my punishment is, because I can't sit here and listen to all the stupid decisions I've made the last few months." She said wanting to avoid the conversation they were having about Tom.

"No punishment." Natalie announced.

"What?" Amber was confused.

"But" she paused, feeling proud of herself for what she had come up with. "You're gonna come to the hospital with me every morning for the rest of your summer break."

"What?" Amber exclaimed.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

It was about 4 am and the situation at the hospital was chaotic. Mostly because all interns and residents were there, trying to prove their worth so they wouldn't get fired. Liam was working on a case with Natalie. "You know, Lexie's really worried about the merger thing. Should I do something about it?" He asked her as they were walking out of the E.R. to wait for the time to get into the O.R.

"Like what?" Natalie asked him and threw her gloves in the bin.

"I don't know." Liam made a stop at the nurse's station. "I think we are together, so I should talk to her, right? Make sure that she is okay."

"Oh," Natalie realised. "You actually want to ask her if she's your girlfriend. Because you don't know what you are and you don't like it. That must suck, doesn't it?" She chuckled. 

"You are mocking me because this is the first time I want to be in a relationship. But you know, she's sweet and she had turned into this person lately..."

And as Liam was forming his sentence, Lexie was running down the hall, carrying bags of blood for a patient in the E.R. "Is he in there?" She yelled "'Cause I've got the..." But before Natalie could get out of her way, Lexie bumped right it her, resulting the blood to fall all over Natalie. "Oh my god." Lexie exclaimed. "I am so sorry."

"You should talk to your girlfriend." Natalie looked at Liam as she wiped the blood that had fallen on her face. "Because if I talk to her right now, she will be probably get fired. So I am gonna walk away."

"I'm so sorry Dr. Turner. Please don't tell the chief." Lexie pleaded.

"Don't worry, we got your back." Liam reassured her.