I glance at her ass before averting my eyes as I close the door and go back to the kitchen.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night babe."

"Don't call me that." She looks around for a place to sit. "Can I sit here?" She asks, pointing to the couch.

"Yeah. I said I would pick you up though.' I reply, adding a Little oil to the noodles.

"I know. I don't need your help, so stop treating me like a helpless loser, alright?" She snaps.

"Why is it so difficult for you to accept someone's help, Diana?"

"It's not."

"Obviously it is. Every time someone tries to help you do anything, you make it seem like they're fucking trying to murder you or something."

"No I don't. I'm perfectly fine with help from other people." She denies and I look over to see her staring at the blank television screen as she plays with the ends of her hair.

"Keep telling yourself that."

She turns around, "Look, I didn't come to argue with you alright? Let's just get this dinner over with so hopefully I won't be able to see you ever again."

"Fine by me."

Soon the noodles are done and I start with the sauce.

"What's that smell, anyway?" She gets up from the couch and begins sniffing the air as she comes closer.

"Lasagna for tonight."

"You can cook?"

"I'm practically a professional chef, Diana." I responded, offended at the question.

She snickers, "Okay."

"You think I'm not?"

"I didn't say that."

I take that as a challenge. That was the only thing I cared about when someone was talking about me.

I take a spoon and fill it with the meat. Pulling her mouth down before she can object and gently putting it in her mouth. I take the spoon out once the meat is inside.

I watch carefully as she chews, and am taken aback at her low groan. I never thought I would like a sound so much.

"Okay, I'll give you that. That meat is amazing," She says, backing up.

She goes back to the couch and I get back to the lasagna. I turn the television on for her and give her the remote. An hour goes by and the lasagna is done. I wait for Daniel and my friends to arrive.

"Someone's at the door." Diana says as she sits down at the table.

I go to answer it and see they have arrived. Micheal, Jamal, Andrew and one of my employees at the casino I couldn't remember the name of.

"Before you come in, I need you to hand over all of your weapons." Everyone listens and I collect two hand guns each from everyone but I know Micheal has more.

"I said all of your weapons." I order Micheal and he laughs at being caught and hands over a knife and a Tommy gun. I don't let them go inside yet as I take the weapons to my garage before returning.

"And any fake money, weed, anything like that give it here. We're keeping it pg tonight."

"So no fun at all." Jamal says.

"Would you rather it be your life I'm taking? I'm sure little Gracie at home wouldn't be too happy about receiving her father's head in a box."

He doesn't respond, and I nod. "Good." I open the door and they walk inside. As soon as I am about to close the door behind them, I see a green Ford park on the side of the street. Shortly after, Daniel gets out and walks up to me.