9: Nosh

"What is this..!?" Y/n was a little angry.

The guest room had its window left open thus making the room cold. The fireplace was not going to be enough to cool it down and any extra blanket wasn't gonna help. It hadn't been finished getting stitched yet.

"I apologize for their lack of work, Lady y/n." The head maid was running a fever.

Y/n noticed that, "Hey... You should rest and let your second in command do everything..."

The head maid smiled nodding, she knew this noble family was both caring and understanding.

"Understood, Lady y/n." She said.

Katarina couldn't sleep in this cold room. Should she let her sleep in her room for tonight? She engraved fire runes around her room to keep it warm even when she was to leave for hours long away from it.

"Sorry, sometimes when the head maid is sick our other maids can't do their jobs properly since they're all busy with other things too." She apologized for the carelessness.

Katarina didn't mind.

"Is it alright if you sleep in my room tonight? I engraved fire runes on the edges of the walls so it's warmer than my suits for you to sleep peacefully in. I'll let you borrow my nightclothes." Y/n offered.

Katarina was a little burdened by all these nice things even if she was in someone else's home. It'll take a while before she can get back home, either way, she agreed to sleep in the same bedroom as her.

...

"Sorry I came back home late, father." Michael was busy.

"Where were you?" His father asked.

"Ah, y/n had asked for a favor and we're friends so I want to help her as much as she's helped me all those times I've been alone." Michael smiled finishing with the letter for Sorcier.

"Favor?" His father wondered with a chuckle.

"She's in a situation right now so I'm helping. Is the harbor open for letters tonight?" He hummed.

"Ahh... The harbor is closed due to ice trapping the boats in place. One leaked it thus it's being figured out." His father shrugged.

"Ah, so... When are letters allowed for harbor?" Michael chuckled meekly as they stood up after folding the letter in for the envelope.

"Next month perhaps? It's almost summer either way." His father pondered.

"Then I'll remember to send this letter when any boat is free for shipping." Michael walked past him after bidding him goodnight.

...

Abby nagged the maids since she's second in command just below the head maid.

The maids all apologized since they had so much to do and they had to run out in the snow to catch a fox thief who took a sack of meat while they looking away for a moment.

"Well..." Abby sighed, "If a fox came by again, it's best to alert the knights to get them set up the fences again. Tell them to make it twice high so other animals can't jump over."

"Yes, Abby."