42

Katarina was humming while tending to her fields.

The others helped, some watched since they needed to stay out of the dirt for a while for some important meetings later.

...

Also, the ministry wanted to get in contact with Katarina after she got better. They wanted to know why she suddenly felt like she was attacked on the neck when she got close to the new device they just got from a deep cavern.

"Are you sure you want to go see them now, Lady Katarina?" Mary worried.

Katarina huffed and put on a reassuring smile. She was gonna be just fine, they won't kidnap here and trap here in the building y'know.

...

"Ah! Lady Katarina, take a look, Sora was able to figure out how to get it working." Suzanna smiled seeing the group.

Katarina perked up, the device had a holographic screen floating above it, it showed a park covered in snow.

"Winter Park..?" She unconsciously muttered the name of the place with a frown.

"Hm?" Sora raised a brow, "What?"

"Ah!" Katarina shot up, "Nothing!"

She laughed it off.

...

"This is just a doll house we got somewhere else." Sora shrugged.

Everyone chattered for a bit about the doll here and there before Sophia decided to ask, "Lady Katarina, if you could live a different life than what you currently have, what would it be?"

Katarina thought about it for a moment.

"Well," she hummed, "I'd want a two-dimensional dream life as anyone but the villainess in an otome game, someone with no doom flags."

She smiled proudly from saying that a bit.

But the answer confused Sophia just like the rest, Katarina shot up realizing what she had just said, Uhh, being surrounded by novels and sweets and just lazing around would be nice!!"

"What about you all??" She changed the direction of talking to everyone.

Everyone thought about it themselves.

"A different life..." Nicole looked down.

"Well, I can't say I've never thought about it..." Gerald hummed.

Everyone was in deep thought when Katarina asked that.

Katarina smiled chuckling as she reached a hand for the small doorknob of the cute front door, "Anyway, this doll house is so well made..!"

Light suddenly flooded the room when they screamed. It sucked all of them inside.

"Lady Katarina!? Master Keith!?" Anne, Sora, and Raphael rushed inside in worry after hearing the scream.

Nobody was there other than the dollhouse.

"They're all gone..." Sora looked around.

Suddenly, the door clicked open behind them, "What was that light?"

It was Suzanna.

The three turned to look at her.

"It came from the doll house," Raphael said, "Light suddenly shot out from it."

"Suddenly?" Suzanna raised a brow at them, "Does that mean the magic tool activated itself?"

She walked over and took a peek at one of the windows.

She awed seeing something different from before.

The other tree got close as well to see what she was seeing too.

...

The skies were beautiful under Sorcier today and Alan... Decided to be a bird in a different life to wish for.

He flew down and landed on Katarina's shoulder.

His only wish was to kiss the person he loved, just as many times as he can.