35

They walked on a dirt road, ever so often a carriage would pass by but it'd pay no attention to them.

Then one did, it was just an empty carriage from some noble family but the driver wanted to give them all a ride, especially since he saw y/n carrying Katarina in both arms.

Michael declined politely but the driver also insisted politely back.

So now they were riding some noble man's carriage due to the driver's empathy.

They made it to the village Michael had sensed from afar with her element.

When they got there, it was a little bustling but not a lot of people paid attention to them, well, maybe a few paid attention. They were tall here now.

It was like their first time seeing giants.

"What now? It seems as though they use a different currency in money." Kyle hummed pondering after spotting a woman buying bread for a few silvers from afar.

"We should figure out where this place is first," Veldarick said.

"Excuse me, do you know which kingdom this is??"

Everyone shot up when they realized Alexandra strayed away from them.

'Alex!!!!'

"Oh, dear..." Veldarick rushed over to grab her.

Dragging her back into the group, they were thankful she got information but a little mad she walked away like that for just a moment.

"We're in Sorcier!" She said.

"Wait, Sorcier..!?" Michael and Kyle shot up.

"Sorcier..?" Y/n's shoulders sunk a little but her hold didn't loosen.

Everyone stared with beading sweat to y/n.

"Uhh, maybe I heard wrong..?" Alexandra scratched the back of her head looking away.

"No, no, you heard right," Veldarick patted her shoulder.

"O... Oh." Alexandra felt guilty.

Y/n shook her head, snapping out of her sad trance.

"Let's go find a way for the capital and find the king." She said.

They all stared at her.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea," Kyle said.

"Indeed, I'm an only child of the Wintergreen here and if they realize I'm the Prince they might use me," Michael said.

"Prince Michael is right, I think we should try and find... Lady Katarina's friends instead." Veldarick said.

"I'm kind of hungry, it's almost lunch by now." Alexandra chirped.

Everyone turned to look at her, well, lunch first before everything else. The question is would they accept the currency from Wintergreen? No, Wintergreen and Sorcier currency are two different things.

Wintergreen had special made paper money and Sorcier had coin-shaped money.

"I don't think we'll be able to eat lunch here." Michael huffed.

Alexandra sunk with a frown with Veldarick patting her head.

"We'll find a way." She assured her with a smile.

"Uhmm..."

Y/n shot up, Katarina woke up.

"Katarina..!" She knelt on one knee.

"Are you alright..!?" She asked.

Katarina held her head up and blinked.

"I'm... Ok, what happened though, everyone just went dark when that thing turned on..?" She said.

"Ah, we were teleported back to your home kingdom... Sorcier." Y/n answered, even though she was wishing she'd have stayed in Wintergreen a bit more.