27

"Woah! It tastes great, you should try it too, y/n!" Katarina was amazed by the first bite.

The meat was seasoned well and that sweet sauce that coated it made it twice the better.

"Ah!? It's alright," y/n raised her hands to decline.

"C'mon! It's great, just one bite." Katarina insisted.

Y/n's cheeks might be a little red but since they were inside this small little inn restaurant, it wasn't that obvious for Katarina.

"S... Sure, then..."

She gave in and took a bite offered to her.

Yes, Katarina fed it to her, no takebacks.

"Do you like her or something?"

Y/n almost choked on the meat because of f/n's sudden question.

"Eh? Of course, I do." Katarina wasn't sure if he asked y/n or her, but if he did ask her instead of y/n, she'd say yes without hesitation.

F/n held back a snicker.

Y/n frowned at him.

"Stop that..!" She hissed at him.

Katarina was busy with the food.

It's not like she had to be aware of any fights breaking out while she's eating. Y/n isn't that quick to fight it by actions here, she'd rather do it in words if possible.

"I think you two should leave soon." F/n chuckled brushing off y/n's cold glare at him.

It was piercing through his skull now.

"Eh?? So soon? But it hasn't been long since we've been talking." Katarina hummed.

F/n chuckled, "You don't find it weird that a noble lady like her is friends with a commoner like me?"

"Of course not! I also have a friend who's a commoner, her name is Maria Campbell and she's a light bearer." Katarina shook her head.

"A light bearer..?" Y/n was surprised to hear that.

"A light bearer..!?" F/n was also surprised too, "Those are quite rare aren't they? She's not bullied while attending some academy, right?"

"No way, if anybody ever bullies her, I'd protect her and once everyone in my academy knows we're friends, nobody dared bully her." Katarina said

F/n smiled.

"You're... A kind woman... And the noblest I've seen other than half the nobles here in Wintergreen." He huffed, turning to y/n, he whispered, "You're pretty lucky, huh, y/n..."

Y/n averted his gaze, her cheeks were a little red hearing him say that though.

"Yeah... I guess I am..." She murmured.

Katarina yawned, she hadn't realized how tired she was.

F/n and y/n turned their attention to her.

"You should get her home to rest now," F/n said.

"Oh, sure." Y/n stood up while helping Katarina up as well.

Katarina rubbed a dozing eye back awake.

"Huh... I didn't feel this sleepy just hours ago." Katarina said in between her second yawn.

"Ah, that's because of the magic spell around Wintergreen. To easily call out outsiders, the king asked the ministry to find a specific device engraved with the sleeping runes, only those with Wintergreen blood can't get affected by this magic." F/n said.

Katarina was dozing off a little, but it seemed still manageable enough for her.