“Well I…..I’ve been thinking over your offer, and….well I just, I wanted to see if we could talk about it a little” Gema said, sitting down now, and Vistos shook his head from the window. 

“I‘m not so sure the offer still stands” 

“But-!” Gema protested, gasping. 

Vistos shrugged. “You have denied me three times now. Why should I keep coming back? Mio dio, It would be insanity”

“Maybe….maybe this time my answer will be different” 

Vistos turned and looked at her now, his face mocking, disbelieving. “Last night you would not even attend dinner with me, and you expect me to believe that you are now willing to share my bed?“ He shook his head. “No, bono, I do not believe it is so” 

“People change” Gema snapped at him, and then she reeled in her temper and looked at her feet, muttering. “Things change” 

“Has he hurt you again?” Vistos demanded, taking a step from behind his desk towards her. Gema shook her head. 

“N-no, he hasn’t. But, that’s not why I’m here” Gema pulled herself up to her full height, and even in four inch heels she was nothing compared to his 6’2 stature. Gema cleared her throat and Vistos looked slightly amused as he surveyed her. 

“I have a business deal for you” 

“A business deal? For me? Santa Maria, let’s hear it!” He crossed his arms and waited for her to speak, the laughter blatant in his voice and his eyes. Gema fumed, but calmed herself before she lashed out at him. 

“I…am proposing that in exchange for your help in securing the funds that are rightfully mine by my parents, I….will be your mistress for three months” Gema held her breath, waiting for Vistos’s response, and he was no longer looking amused. He ran his hand over his chin, and Gema followed the hypnotic stroking, shaking off thoughts of his hands on her body. Vistos tapped his chin thoughtfully with one lithe finger before pausing to answer her. 

“Six months, and you live with me” He waved his hand through the air dismissively. “That is all I am prepared to agree to”

“Six months-!…..” Gema hesitated, biting down on her bottom lip momentarily. Six months was much longer than she thought it would take for him to be satisfied and done with her. She wanted to be moved back to Australia by then! Well…what was three more months really? And he’d probably break the contract before that anyway. 

“You’ll help me with my parents finances?” Gema asked, just making sure. Vistos nodded. 

“Do we have a deal?” Gema looked at Vistos, seeing the mischievous glint to his eye, and her resolve wavered. But the small part of her, the part that wanted to wrap herself in Vistos and never resurface, spoke up. 

“Deal” Gema held out her hand to shake and Vistos chuckled, stepping close to her, his eyes hooded by heavy lids. 

“In my country, we do a little more than just shake on it” 

His hand grasped hers and yanked her into him, and Gema gasped in surprise as she landed against his hard chest. She looked up into his hazel eyes, and he placed a hand on her chin lightly, tilting her towards him, and his lips covered hers in a sweet caress. Gema’s eyelids fluttered closed, and she melted against him, her hands on his chest gripping his shirt to keep herself upright. His lips moved against hers softly, teasingly, and Gema found herself pushing against him, deepening the kiss. He let out a triumphant growl before sweeping her mouth with his tongue, possessing her fully. Suddenly Gem was standing on her own, her hands empty of his shirt, and her lips bereft of his. She opened her eyes and Vistos was surveying her with barely concealed amusement.