chap. 6 & 7

Chapter 6

Gema stared at Vistos. A mistress? Her? Someone who'd never even slept with her fiancé, and he wanted her to sleep with him? Impossible.

"impossible" she informed him with a shake of her head. Vistos shrugged as he walked towards the window.

"I don't see why. You'll have everything you'll need, of course I'll supply you with a credit card and any jewellery or clothing you wish to purhase. And of course" he turned away from the window to look at her. "you'll be perfectly satisfied in bed." gema's mouth dropped open in shock and vistos continued. "I'm a very generous lover, as you'll find"

"n-no!" gema exclaimed." I will not fond because I am not going to become your mistress! I could not! To break off the engagement alone, Doug would-"

"he would never Hirt you under my protection" Vistos insisted firmly, crossing the room to her. "you will not be harmed by anyone while with me"

Gema stared up at him, wanting so badly to just melt into his arms, but a larger part of her was screaming danger. But how could she stay with Doug after everything vistos just told hr? Shed just have to figure out how to deal with Doug, on her own.

"I can't, I'm sorry but there is no way I will ever become your mistress"

Vistos smiled sadly, his hand stroking her cheek gently, causing gema's eyelids to flutter.

"Mio dio, Cara. I accept your challenge"

After a week and a half of gatherig the guts, Gema finally approached anothr lawyer into looking into her father's finances. After meeting with her new lawyer and going over everything, Gema was optimistic that things would work out. She felt so optimistic, she stopped when she saw a cute top in a store window, and bought it on impulse. Gema was in a good mood for one of the first times in a long time, and she had been contemplating moving back to australia once she broke things off with Doug.

After the customery push and pull with the door, gema sighed as she came into her apartment and locked the door bhind her.

"you've been busy"

Gema jumped at the sound of Doug's voice and she whirled around to see him standing by her kitchen.

"doug! You scared me!"

"I hear you have a new lawyer, gema"

He ignored her and she nervously shifted her bags to the floor.

"yeah well, I thought that since, we were in a relationship I should get a unbiased one-"

"oh yeah? And what so you have to say about him digging into your patents finances? There's nothing there Gena"

Gema snapped at him, fed up. "oh? Is that because you spent it all ready?"

"you watch how you talk to me, gema, you wouldn't want to have another accident" he threatened and Gema stood her ground.

"I'm not going to be havig any more accidents, Doug. If you don't like me, you can just break up with me"

Doug laughed and walked towards her.

"I would never break it off, and neither will you. Who's going to pick you up gema? You're and overweight secretary who doesn't put out. I'm doing you a favor by marrying you, the least you can do is be greatful. Fire your lawyer, or you'll egret it" ge warned befor eletting himself out. Shaking, gema sat down and tries to collect her thoughts. Did she have enough money to just run?what about her parents money? Did t she owe it to them to figure this all out? The phone rang, scaring her, and gema answered it wearily.