Chapter 15: First Term Finals

Magsimula sa umpisa

He chose to use High Specific Strength Steel, a steel alloy that's cheap to make and buy but very strong, having the same resistance as titanium. It was lighter than most metals making it easily compactable and could be carried easily. Mitsuki had helped him order it. Katsuki's mother worked in the engineering field, specifically mechanical engineering. She worked on designing transportation, specifically she worked with a team to design modern and ideal durable light framing. Because of that, Mitsuki was in the know of what they were using and could tell Izuku about it. She helped him order the steel alloy. Izuku could use the metal provided by the school for most of it but the board was very important and needed to be stronger than what was provided. Izuku continued about the project pushing the button again to retract it all into the compact sandwich it had been in before.

"Any questions?" Izuku asked ready to get none. It was silent until one person raised his hand. "Yes?" Izuku asked pointing to the guy who had raised his hand. The guy smirked and then asked in a mocking tone, "So you're telling me that you spent early mornings and after-school hours just on this?" The whole class started laughing at him as if saying "Your project isn't even that cool." Izuku didn't know how to answer so he just stayed silent letting everyone laugh at him. Ms. Tanaka stood up. "This isn't how we treat our classmates in this classroom. Apologize immediately, "she said sternly. The whole class then looked down at the floor mumbling insincere apologies. Ms. Tanaka looked at Izuku giving him a sympathetic "Sorry you have to deal with that" look.

Izuku sat back down and put his project back in his backpack to leave at home so that he could add it to the final product of his UA submission. Throughout the day pairs of students presented what they had worked on together most of them getting applause from the class. Izuku continued to write in his notebook keeping in mind everyone's strategies. By the end of the day, a little over half of the class was able to present. The rest of the day went on as it usually did. Kouta walked up to him, he seemed worried and on edge just like he had been on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Even if Kouta was worried Izuku paid no mind to it thinking of it as a personal issue. After his encounter with Kouta Izuku walked out the door waiting for Katsuki to meet him there.

Katsuki walked into his class after a good amount of training. The class had finished the written tests yesterday and Katsuki was grateful for that, now all he had to deal with was the hero lessons part of the finals. He took his seat and was greeted by his friends as usual. Although most of the Bakusquad begged Yaoyorozu to tutor them, Kirishima came to Katsuki for that help. Although Katsuki didn't study with Kirishima much he helped him study when he wasn't doing so with Izuku. Katsuki was grateful that he didn't have to help anyone study anymore since it was tiring for him and he wanted to spend the time cooling off so that his brain could do well for the next day of testing. After today he wouldn't even have to worry about testing since Friday was off for UA giving them a nice long break before their summer training program. 

After a short conversation, it was almost time for class to start so Katsuki's friends scurried to their seats. Aizawa walked into the room and started the day off as usual. Since the written finals were finished they had the whole day for every student to do the test. The teachers hadn't told them what the practical exam was going to be but 1-A had an idea. Class 1-B had found out from their upperclassmen that the finals were most likely going to be robot fighting. Most of Katsuki's friends took that as a way to slack off a little since it was 'only robots'. Katsuki didn't use it as an excuse and bumped up his workout so that he would be ready for the unexpected.

The day started normally with Aizawa explaining that they would be taking the practical exam now and for the rest of the day. The class went outside most students were smiling as they thought they knew what was coming for them. Katsuki looked at them and sighed to himself, 'what a bunch of idiots' he thought shaking his head as they continued to exit the class and head to where the other teachers were waiting for them.