Summon: Robin

Robin is a tall, middleweight character who has very appalling mobility

Robin is a tall, middleweight character who has very appalling mobility. Robin’s dashing speed is the second slowest in the game, and their walking speed is very slow. Outside of these attributes, Robin's other traits are typical of a middleweight; their air speed, traction, falling speed, and gravity are all average. However, Robin's air acceleration is above average. As a result of these attributes, Robin has difficulty chasing foes and fleeing from them at the same time, though their oddly decent aerial mobility compensates this to a degree.

Robin's tomes provide a myriad of spacing, pressuring, and additional damaging capabilities. Both the Thunder and Fire tomes can disrupt opponents, rack up damage, and open up windows to chain attacks together. Thunder and the slightly stronger Elthunder peppers at mid-range or shorter, while Arcthunder travels for longer and has trapping capabilities for pressure, combos and set-ups, and Thoron pierces through opponents and deals considerable knockback. Arcfire produces a trapping, multiple hitting pillar of flame that is instrumental for approaching or disrupting approaches, pressuring, and chaining together attacks. In addition to the Fire tome, Robin's neutral attack involves the Wind tome: the former tome generates a singular explosion of fire magic that deals strong diagonal knockback, while the latter tome generates a neutral infinite consisting of wind magic that deals high damage and concludes with a blast of wind magic that deals strong vertical knockback. Elwind provides respectable vertical recovery and its first hit can be used to punish aerial and post-recovery opponents by spiking them at point-blank with the first hit. Lastly, Nosferatu is a self-healing move which heals Robin, especially if cast from behind and while having a higher damage percentage than his opponent, while it also cannot be shielded due to functioning like a grab. However, it is tricky to use, as the opponent must be at almost point-blank range to land it, although Arcthunder's trapping ability can help Robin land it easier, and it grants full-body intangibility.

Aside from using tomes, Robin's Levin Sword is a potent weapon in its own right. It is a powerful, fairly long-ranged, and electrically-charged sword that functions as a terrific offensive tool due to its excellent pressure capabilities, its impressive combo potential and its high KO power. Robin whips this out for their smash and directional aerial attacks when a smash input is inputted, and for neutral aerial when the Levin Sword is already in use. It can be swung eight times before it breaks. Robin's down smash with the Levin Sword has good ledge trapping potential, as it can hit hanging opponents and the electric shockwaves cover both sides of Robin. Despite being vastly inferior to the Levin Sword in regards to KO potential, the Bronze Sword has combo potential due to its weaker knockback. Their neutral aerial covers both front and back sides successively, which can be useful for spacing in the air, and is their most effective out of shield option. Their down tilt can keep away grounded opponents in front of them.

Once Robin's tomes are depleted and the Levin Sword is broken, they can act as throwable items that deal immense damage, shieldstun and knockback. Properly managing Robin's discarded weapons is crucial for optimal play, as the opportunities they can potentially grant are significant. Outside of his magic and sword attacks, Robin has two useful throws: back throw is a viable KOing option near the edge, while down throw is a reliable combo starter.

However, as previously stated, Robin suffers from numerous weaknesses, such as being the second slowest runner in the game. Furthermore, Robin lacks defensive options and has trouble brushing off opponents, especially those who are directly beneath, making Robin susceptible to rush-downs and juggles. Robin’s tilts generally have short range, making it difficult for Robin to fight at mid-range outside of the use of tomes. Many moves, specifically smash attacks and special attacks, have significant ending lag, which leaves Robin wide open for punishment proceeding their execution. Elwind leaves them vulnerable and interceptable after use, and when not properly managed or kept track of, can run out at critical times. Lastly, Robin's durability mechanic limits offensive options when either the Levin Sword or tomes are exhausted.

Overall, Robin is a tactically-based character with varied spacing, damage-accumulating and KO options that must be used wisely and opportunely. At the same time, the lack of mobile and defensive options leave Robin vulnerable to pressure and combos. With this, Robin players must keep track of their weapons' durability, intelligently respond to their opponents, and take precise offensive action for success in battle.

Final Smash: Pair Up

Robin summons Chrom through a warp circle

Robin summons Chrom through a warp circle. Chrom will travel a set distance from where he is summoned (a little less than half the length of Final Destination), and swipe at the first opponent in his path. If he misses, the Final Smash will fail. When he does catch at least one opponent, Chrom's critical hit portrait from Fire Emblem Awakening appears as he yells "On my mark!" (俺に合わせろ!, Join with me!). Once an opponent is caught, the two unleash their attacks: Chrom with the Falchion, and Robin circling the unfortunate foe while unleashing Fire and Thunder spells, assailing the opponent multiple times. Finally, Robin performs Bolganone, shouting the name of their spell followed by Chrom yelling "We're not done yet!" (くらえ~!, Take that~!), and the two strike the opponent(s) at the same time, rocketing the foe(s) to the ground and rebounding towards the upper blast line.

This attack ends up dealing 45% damage - 5% with the initial strike, 26% for the flurry of attacks (13 strikes at 2% damage each), and 14% for the finishing strike. The knockback from the final blow cannot be teched. It can KO an opponent with at least 45% damage under average circumstances. The move elevates Robin and Chrom to the highest point on the stage and always takes place in the center of the stage, except for stages that can cause an OHKO due to the map having a central pit (examples include Gaur Plain and Midgar after Odin's attack). On stages with a high upper platform such as 75m and Boxing Ring, it is essentially a guaranteed OHKO because the opponent is brought up to the top platform, very close to the stage boundary.

Successfully using the Final Smash will restore Robin's Levin Sword and all his tomes to full durability. Overall, the attack is very akin to Ike's Great Aether, only Robin stays in midair when the move ends, risking much less of a self-destruct in comparison.