Chapter 23

"We need to pay a visit to the Jones family, their due date was a few days ago and I still haven't heard anything about the payment." I say to Harrison who is sitting across from me.

"Will do, now remember Fri-" he starts saying when 2 knocks on the door cut him mid sentence. When I hear the 2 soft knocks and see the door being open I already know who it is. This is her signature, knocking twice then walking in. She doesn't knock to ask for permission to enter, she knocks to let you know she's coming in.

"Tom I- oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt. I'll come back later." Hope says turning around to walk away.

"No wait Hope," I say stopping her. "Do you need something?"

"No just wanted to talk to you real quick if possible."

"Yeah of course. Harrison." I say.

"Yeah yeah, I'm out." Harrison says before leaving the office. As soon as he's out of sight, I grab Hope from her waist and pull her close wrapping both of my arms around her.

"Tom wait," she laughs. "They're going to see us."

"Let them see, I don't care. We are married Hope, and we are not doing anything wrong."

"I know I just get a little bit shy." She says as her cheeks get red. I love it when she blushes. I let go because I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. "Anyways, about our date," she says smiling big. "I was thinking we could go to the movie theater. There's this movie I've been wanting to watch since it was first announced and it comes out Friday. We can go after dropping Paddy off at the airport."

"This Friday?" I ask and she nods. I let a small sigh out.

"You had something to do Friday?" She asks.

"Yeah, we are receiving a shipment that night. I'm supposed to go supervise it."

"Oh it's ok then we can go some other time." She quickly says.

"No no, it's ok I'll send the twins instead."

"Are you sure? I don't want to mess-"

"It's ok. They can handle." I cut her off.

"Ok then." She smiles. "I'll get the tickets."

She gives a couple of steps towards and gives me a quick kiss on the lips. She then turns around to walk away but I grab her from her wrist turning her around and pulling her to me.

"Tom." She "fights" me in between laughs.
I wrap my arm around to close any gap, and kiss her. She wraps both of her arms around me and kisses back. When we break off the kiss she runs out the office before I can grab her again. Minutes later Harrison returns to the office.

"I seen Hope right now, she was all smiles." He teases. "Things must be going good." He adds.

"Yeah, you can say they are." I say smiling. Things have been good. Since the unpleasant visit of Paulo, Hope and I have been in good terms. Nobody here knows though, during the day we act as we always have but at night, Hope secretly goes into my office and we hug, we cuddle, we kiss and talk. She knows well how to tease me too, when she sees me talking to some of our men, she walks behind them and blows me a kiss, if we sit down to eat at the same time, which rarely happens, she touches my leg with hers, she winks at me when nobody is looking and all of this messes with my head. I try to get my revenge by winking at her or when we come across each other slowly caressing her, this makes her blush and I love seeing it. What I definitely love the most is seeing her when I know she can't see me or isn't aware that I'm there. For example when she laughs, she laughs so hard she closes her eyes and tilts her head back, or when she's playing sports with Paddy, she is not very good but she tries for him, when she's moving things around the house and has all of the men doing whatever she asks without questioning it. Seeing how little by little she becomes part of my life, that's my favorite thing.