Chapter 10

Tom's POV:

After leaving Hope on the bar, I walk up to Jacob who is taking care of our security at the club.

"Keep an eye on her." I say and he nods.

"Yes sir." He says and I nod at him.

I got back to the room and take a sit across from Dante. In the room is only Dante, his men, Harrison and my brothers. No one else.

"So you married Spain's mafia princess huh?" Dante asks smirking.

"I did." I reply.

"She's a beautiful lady." He adds.

"She is." I agree because well, she truly is.

"Alright Holland, let's talk business."

"Of course," I say and clear my throat. "I want to expand to America."

"You already work in America."

"Yes, I distribute to America, but don't have anything over there. I was thinking on settling over there for some time. Maybe open a club like the one you have on my territory."

"Ahh," Dante laughs. "Where are you thinking?"

"New York."

"Of course." Dante says and laughs. All New York is taken over by the Italian mafia, by him. To be able to enter his territory safely, I need his permission. We are not able to say another word when we hear some shots. Next thing I know, I'm up on my feet with my hands up and his men are pointing at me with their guns as my brothers and Haz are pointing at them with theirs.

"What is this Tom?" Dante asks upset.

"This is not me Dante, I'm here for business." I say and we hear some more shots being fired.

"Then what the fuck is happening? The club out there is full of people." He says and it's there when I remember.

"Hope." I say to myself but loud enough for everyone to hear me. I turn around and run out of the room gun in hand, followed by my brothers and Harrison. As we head out shots are still being fired, and I just hope I can get to her before any bullet do.

***
Hope's POV:

As soon as I hear the gun shots, I throw myself to the floor. I put my knees to my chest and cover my head with my arms. Not long after, I feel an arm around me, I look up to be met by Jacob, thank god.

"Come on." He says helping me get up and run towards the restroom. The scene at the club was horrible. The building was full of screaming, people running everywhere, crying and fearing for their lives, trying to exit at the same time making the situation worse for everyone. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. I had never seen something as chaotic, how did I end up here?

"Ok stay here, I need to clear the way to get you out." Jacob says leaving me behind a wall. He runs away and I try to peek to see where he is at but I lost him. Tears are coming down my eyes uncontrollably. I am terrified, what if I get killed? As I continue to see where Jacob is, I see people falling to the floor, I don't know if they are injured or dead. Why is this happening? Am I next? I'm still peeking when I feel a hand from behind me and I freeze. This is it, I'm dying. The hand pulls me from my arm putting his other hand to my mouth and pushing me against the wall. I thank god when I see a familiar pair of brown eyes, Tom is here.

"Oh my god." I cry as he removes his hand from my mouth.

"Are you ok?" He asks. Is that concern in his eyes?

I'm unable to say anything so I just nod. With him I also see the twins and Harrison. He peeks out the wall just as I was doing before turning to his men.