EPILOGUE

"Yesterday morning, from about 5 A.M. to 11 A.M. Eastern Time, a dogfight took place near what is known as Point Nemo, the most isolated place on the planet..."

-

Cameron slid her stone sword into its scabbard, hearing it lock into place with a satisfying click.

-

"A statement released by the United States Air Force describes the creatures as alien and shapeless..."

-

Tián put her scale necklace around her neck and shifted into human form, tossing her black-and-white-streaked hair.

-

"The allies that came to assist the crew of the Wilmarth are not recognized as any sanctioned military or scientific branch of any nation on Earth..."

-

Páiúni slipped his fulgurite into a sheath that hung from his waist, puffing out his chest with confidence and pride.

-

"This mysterious organization, identified by their director as 'Xirxine', will have its representatives meet with the President of the United States today..."

-

John inspected the ice globe in his hand and the frozen spider within before pocketing it and exhaling.

-

"A summit with the UN will follow, presumably to determine the fate of these so-called 'heroes' and their affiliated organization..."

-

Davey put on a necklace lined with shark teeth and flicked the rainbow tooth that hung in the middle.

-

"We are also expecting an explanation for the series of earthquakes that literally rocked the globe during the battle, causing billions of dollars in property damage and resulting in the loss of at least seventeen lives..."

-

Endar remained stock-still as his attendants pinned his feather to his vest and made some final adjustments to the rest of his outfit.

-

"As the nationally-televised meeting with the president approaches, there is only one question lingering in everyone's mind...

"...Who or what is Xirxine?"

Who or what is Xirxine?"

The White House.

Bari, the Avatars, and the Worthy arrived in limousines, having been escorted through the streets of Washington, D.C. by the Secret Service. They disembarked to the sound of hundreds of cameras clicking in rhythm, their captures accompanied by a volley of flashes.