PROM (songfic+AU)

Is it gay to dance with your homies? (songfic of "The Feels" by TWICE + high school AU) oh and let's pretend there's more girls on the server :)

Proms are a big thing in high school, but poor Grian dislikes them from the bottom of his heart. He never seems to get a date. This year, it's the same. Grian and Impulse are sitting on benches and chatting in the nearly full prom hall. Impulse notices instantly Grian's alone, and attacks him right away.

🎶boy I know, I know, I know, I know you get the feels, boy I know I know🎶

"Still not getting a date for the prom, Grian?" Impulse asks, smirking. Grian blushes and his eyes narrow. "Shut up, idiot. My mom forced me to attend this shit even though I didn't want to." Impulse chuckles. "Mommy forced you to come? Aww. You couldn't even get a chair to dance with you." That hit Grian deep. He gets up and walks closer to Impulse.

🎶uh, I'm so curious, 'bout ya boy, wanna keep it cool, but I know, everytime you move, got me frozen, I, get so shy it's obvious🎶

"Not even a chair, eh? I'll show you, dickhead. I'll dance with the first person to come through that door." Impulse laughs even louder. "Grian, Grian, Grian... all the girls are already taken. You planning on dancing with - haha - a guy?" "Impulse, I repeat, the first person", Grian murmurs.

🎶cathing feels like butterflies, if I say what's on my mind? Would I hit bullseye? Shoot, I'm ready, aim and fire, baby I🎶

Impulse shrugs his shoulders very doubtfully. The two guys wait for a while, and Impulse is already grinning. Grian becomes more and more nervous as time passes and nothing happens. Then they hear someone talking outside the door. "I don't have a date, I know, just let me in now!" Mumbo, the unpopular nerd of the class, walks irritated inside the hall. Impulse winks at Grian triumphantly. The blonde rolls his eyes and walks up to Mumbo.

🎶feel like Cupid's alive, alive tonight, yeah tonight, if your heart beats the same way let me know, 'cause I'm boom boom boom from head to toe, and I🎶

"Hi Mumbo." Mumbo looks at Grian. "Oh, hi. You gonna tell me I don't have a date? I know that already, Sherlock, thank you so much." Grian chuckles nervously. "No, no, it's just that... FYI, I don't have a date either." "Oh", Mumbo says. "Shall we go to a corner and drink juice? Crack some jokes? No?"

🎶I know love, it is such a funny thing, a mystery allure, gotta get to know you more, 'cause I, I can feel a real connection, a supernatural attraction, yeah, I got the feels for you yeah yeah yeah🎶

"Uhh, I was wondering..." Grian blushes rapidly. "W-would you like to dance with me?" Mumbo blushes too. "I- uhh-" "Ok, ok!" Grian groans. "I'm sorry I asked, it was a stupid idea, let's go get the juice, I know a couple of jokes, ok?" Mumbo laughs. "Grian, I would gladly dance with you. Even though you've never had a date, you seem like a good dancer."

🎶you have stolen my heart, oh yeah, never let it go-oh-oh, no, never let it go-oh-oh-oh, lightning straight to my heart, oh yeah, I got all the feels for sure, yeah I got all the feels for ya🎶

"Really? That's- I- that's- thanks." Right after the guys smiled at each other, slow music starts playing. Mumbo chuckles, takes Grian's hand, and leads the tiny boy to the dance floor.

🎶boy I know, I know, I know, I know I get the feels, boy I know I know, I know you feel it too🎶

"So, umm, how are we gonna do this?" Mumbo asks, confused. "I guess you put your hand to my waist?" "I don't know", Grian answers quietly. "Oh wait, yeah, take my left hand." After a bit of wobbling around, they dance smoothly along the other pairs.

🎶sway in the moonlight, dance in the dark, I, I know that I caught your eye, are we on the same vibe? I, wonder what's on your mind🎶

Impulse and Cleo dance really well, and it's obvious. The king and queen of the proms. They have been a pair for many years, and they're popular. With popularity, comes also the feeling that you're superior to others. "Hey, Grian, first year with a date?" Impulse teases, smirking a Scar smirk. A few laugh.

🎶'cause you got me good and I wanna be ya boo, if it's dumb, well I wanna be a fool, underneath the neon lights, bebe, electricity tonight, bebe🎶

"Actually, yeah", Grian answers while swaying around the floor in Mumbo's arms. "First year being mean, Impulse?" Mumbo chuckles a bit. Impulse lets out a laugh with a deep voice. "I never thought you'd dance voluntarily with a guy." "I don't care who I dance with", Grian says. "Mumbo is a really good dancer, and I'm happy he agreed to dance with me."

🎶I know love, it is such a funny thing, a mystery allure, gotta get to know you more, 'cause I, I can feel a real connection, a supernatural attraction, yeah, I got the feels for you yeah yeah yeah🎶

"That sounds like you like him", Cleo points out. "I bet you do." Grian and Mumbo both blush. "I don't!" Grian hisses. "Aww, the unpopular tiny and shy one likes the unpopular nerd", Impulse says, mimicking a squeaky voice.

🎶you have stolen my heart, oh yeah, never let it go-oh-oh, no, never let it go-oh-oh-oh, lightning straight to my heart, oh yeah, I got all the feels for sure, yeah I got all the feels for ya🎶

Mumbo clears his throat. "Let people dance in peace. I like dancing with Grian." Impulse laughs. "I knew from the start this would be fun to watch. Dance then, if you like each other so much."

🎶boy I know, I know, I know, I know I get the feels, boy I know I know, I know you feel it too, boy I know, I know, I know, I know I get the feels, boy I know I know, I know you feel it too🎶

After a while, the slow music fades away, being replaced by a funky beat for a background.

People start to go get drinks and snacks, and to hang out with each other. Grian and Mumbo walk to the nearest table, followed by suspicious stares.

🎶You got my attention, so what's your intention? Yeah, tell me baby, what's the deal? Oh, one look and I know it baby, my eyes reveal, that you, you, you give me the feels, oh yeah🎶

"I really liked dancing with you", Mumbo whispers while Grian grabs the long-awaited juice. "Me too", Grian whispers back. "We broke a record, by the way." "What record?" Mumbo seems confused. "We're the first same-sex pair to dance in prom." "Oh", Mumbo smiles. "Do you get money?" "No, I guess." "Well, then I don't care", the taller boy laughs.

🎶you have stolen my heart, oh yeah, never let it go-oh-oh, no, never let it go-oh-oh-oh, lightning straight to my heart, oh yeah, I got all the feels for sure, yeah I got all the feels for ya🎶

"I think I like you, Grian." The blonde spits out his juice. "Ah shit, my suit, but what? Are you serious?" "I am", Mumbo takes Grian's hand. "And I can sense you like me too." "Gosh, you're really good at reading people", Grian smiles. "Let's go tell the news to our bestest friend, beloved Impulse." "We shall, blondie."

🎶boy I know, I know, I know, I know I get the feels, boy I know I know, I know you feel it too, boy I know, I know, I know, I know I get the feels, boy I know I know, I know you feel it too🎶