IOU

the title says it all

Grian drinks tea alone in his little hobbit hole. It's evening, and it rains slightly outside. A basic early autumn weather. The blonde has made himself comfy by wrapping himself in a warm blanket. Just as Grian adds more honey to his tea, the door slams open. He quickly gets up from his comfy-land and sees a tired Mumbo, who's obviously in a huge hurry.

"Gri, I need redstone, and quick, I ran out!" he exclaims panting. "Whoa, okay", Grian chuckles. "I have a full shulker box ready." Mumbo grabs the box from him and looks at Grian. "Thank you, thank you, I don't have money, but..." the moustached man clears his throat and pulls out a paper, and scribbles something on it. "An IOU. Here you go. Thanks. Bye." Mumbo flies up and outside. Grian shrugs his shoulders and looks at Mumbo's signature on the messy and wrinkled paper.

The next day, after breakfast, and a hobbit one too, Grian picks the IOU up from his table. "What should I do with this?", he mutters to himself. Lots of opportunities, choices and options fly through the tiny man's head. Making Mumbo help him with redstone, getting iron from Mumbo's iron farm... Mumbo could finish the back of his base... after a while Grian's mind stops at one thought.

He has fallen in love with Mumbo during the past months. They are best friends, and Grian doesn't want to ruin it. But this would be a great opportunity, right? What would be a better use for the IOU?

After balling around with the plan a bit, Grian decides to get fancy. He brushes his hair, puts some gel on it, and poses in front of the mirror for a long time, trying to get the right look. Then he puts on a fresh blood-red jumper (because those are only things he wears), and his cleanest elytra. Only a bit of cologne... and there he goes.

Grian flies gracefully over the jungle to Mumbo's hobbit hole, and knocks on the door, very nervously. The moustached man opens it. "O-oh. Hi Gri", he says and lets the blonde in. "I have come to redeem the IOU. If it's okay." Grian raises an eyebrow. Mumbo's cheeks turn slightly pink. "It's fine, uh, yes. What do you w-want? A flying machine?" Grian can see Mumbo is nervous.

"No", the blonde gets very close to Mumbo and whips the paper out. Both of the men instantly flush cherry red without any reason. "Mumbo", Grian says with a low voice that makes Mumbo even more nervous. "Y-yeah?" "I want a kiss." Mumbo's face turns into a darker shade. Then he nods slightly and pulls Grian's face closer. Their lips connect, and Grian kisses back.

Mumbo kisses Grian softly for half a minute, but it feels like hours. Then they separate. Mumbo smiles, and gives the smaller man one little peck more. Grian is shocked, but smirks and rips the IOU in half. "You're a really good kisser, Mumby." The moustached man smirks too. "Next time you can get one without an IOU. Just... ask." "I sure will", Grian strokes Mumbo's hair a bit. Then he leaves, not believing what just happened.