Lonely, lonely

finally the messaging system has a good use (inspiration taken from the song "Love Letter" by LOONA)

"...and, I just want to say, Mumbo, I love you." Grian sighs as he reads out loud the thing he just wrote. A love letter for his best friend. Grian wraps the paper in a basic envelope, writes 'Mumbo' on top, and draws a tiny heart. He puts it in the minecart, and hesitates for a second. Should I really send this? the blonde thinks. He might hate me. Better not to. Suddenly his doorbell rings. Grian forgets the letter in the minecart.

Meanwhile, Mumbo lies on his couch and thinks about Grian. He gets up and grabs paper and a pen. His face all red, his hands trembling, he manages to write a small letter.

"Hi Iskall!" Grian smiles. The Swedish man grins and steps inside. "What brings you here?" Grian asks. "I want to make an order, a custom one from the barge." Grian's eyes light up. "Wonderful! What exactly do you need?" "Logs", Iskall chuckles. "And lots. Five shulker boxes full of oak ones?" "Sounds doable", Grian nods. "Could you get me a paper, I'll write a check."

Iskall gets up. He knows Grian keeps paper next to his hobbit-tunnel messaging system. He grabs the paper from a chest and stops for a second to admire the system. Iskall opens the minecart and sees the letter. He assumes Grian forgot to send it and pushes the minecraft. It rolls down and forward towards Mumbo's base.

Iskall walks back to Grian and hands the paper over. Grian mutters a 'thanks' and scribbles something on it. "By the way, what took you so long?" the blonde asks while handing the paper back. "Oh, I stopped to admire the system", Iskall says. "You had forgotten to send a letter to Mumbo, so I pushed it going." Grian freezes and blush creeps up his face. "You did what?" He starts to panic a bit, breathe heavily, and looks horrified at Iskall.

"Wh-what?" Iskall says nervously. "What was in it?" "It was... it was a l-love letter." The Swedish man raises his eyebrow. "Aww, you're finally confessing?" "What do you mean f-finally?" "Come on, dude, you've liked him for months. It shows." Grian blushes even more. "But I'm so-so sorry, Grian, I didn't know... but I'm sure he likes you back." The blonde buries his face in his hands.

Mumbo has read the small letter he wrote a million times through, when he sees a minecart drop down. The moustached man opens it. He blushes and opens the envelope, reads the letter quickly and drops it down in shock, his heart racing.

<I really really lonely, lingering in my mouth is love me love me

I really really lonely, swallowing my heart, hold me hold me

~Jung Jinsol, Kim Jungeun

I've felt this for a long time. We have been best friends for so long we should become a couple. Please don't hate me, and, I just want to say, Mumbo, I love you.>

Mumbo picks the paper up again, and reads it the second time. He takes a whole new paper, writes a couple of words, and sends the minecart back.

Grian is panicking next to the empty messaging track. Iskall is patting him on the back. They hear a vague roll-noise, and see the same minecart coming back. "Oh no, no-no-no, no..." Grian sobs quietly. "Please read it before me, Iskall." The Swedish man grabs the letter, reads it, smiles and chuckles. "Aww."

Grian's eyes light up for the second time today. "Gimme!" The blonde grabs the letter from Iskall's hands.

<I agree, darling.>

Grian blushes deep red, smiles, and squeals. "Bye, Iskall! I'll head over to Mumbo's right now!" Iskall smirks and leaves Grian's hobbit hole.

Mumbo's heart is racing faster and faster. He freezes as he hears the ceiling block being opened. Mumbo watches Grian drop down in a minecart. "Mumbo!" he smiles and hugs the taller man. Mumbo kisses Grian on the forehead. "Now you're not alone anymore", he chuckles. "No", Grian answers. "But you don't know all the hazzle behind this."