Scene 3 - Special Mission

We begin to see a satellite floating in space, not too far from the Earth. A grey ship with antennas from each end and the control/living space in the centre of the long satellite. Jeff begins to narrate the story.

Jeff:

Having been relieved by a crew of six astronauts on the space satellite Freedern, I had been assigned on a special mission to develop space technology to take man further out to the stars.

We see a NASA spacecraft launching up into space, blasting through the Earth's atmosphere. As Jeff continues, we see the faces of each of the Tracy's as they listen attentively to Jeff. Scott, John, Virgil, Gordon, Alan, Kayo, Brains, MAX, Grandma, and the Mechanic.

With the help of the space administration, I was preparing to set up Tracy construction and aerospace corporations. With eighteen successful space missions on my record, I was still determined to land on Mars. Prior to my relief, I was undertaking experiments on solar winds in space when I was contacted by Mission Control.

Jeff is sitting at a desk in a dark orange coloured room. A computer monitor displays an image of Mission Control. He answers it.

Mission Control:

Jeff?

Jeff:

Yes.

Mission Control:

We have some exciting news for you. It's not long now before our operation to the red planet is go. And you, are to be mission controller!

We then see Jeff smiling to himself in excitement and determination. The narration continues.

Jeff:

Now earthbound, I would soon begin my Martian training with the three other astronauts and colleagues. Tom Metcalfe, Mae Peake, and Lee Taylor.

We now see Jeff with his wife, Lucille, who holds her baby boy – Scott. Jeff kisses his boy and will leave the living room setting.

I left for training and promised Scott that I would build a new model rocket for him...