PART 1 - Scene 1 - Flashback

The sea floats calmly as we view a shot of the stock footage of Tracy Island, the home secretly known as International Rescue. Calm, relaxing music plays as we then change to view the exterior of the Tracy Villa. We cut to the inside where Jeff sits at his desk in the lounge going through the draws and finding a book he starts to read. He is alone in the room. Jeff is intrigued by his book and enjoys it dearly as he returns down memory lane. Alan unexpectedly arrives at the lounge, in a frustrated fashion.

Alan:

Dad! Scott and the others put some more of that soup into my hat.

Jeff is more occupied reading.

Jeff:

Yes. Yes.

Alan:

Did you hear me, dad? They've done that twice to me before already, and I put it on and then it gets all sticky.

Jeff:

You boys were always playing those practical jokes on one another.

Alan:

Hey, what are you reading there?

Jeff:

Just an old journal of mine from back in the day.

Alan:

About us? Are you reminding yourself about the old days dad, with Captain Taylor, and the Martian expedition?

Jeff:

I am son. Sometimes it's important for us to look back once in a while and remind ourselves of what we've been through. The people we've loved. The people we've lost. Events that have happened and are now history.

Alan:

Can I read?

Jeff:

Sure.

He hands Alan the book and begins to read it.

I don't think that book has been touched in over a decade.

Alan:

Good old fashioned paper from trees they used to make it from.

Jeff:

Your mother always used to get me them annually. God rest her soul.

Alan:

I don't seem to remember her, dad. Other than what we encountered when in the Zero XL. She looked very pretty.

Jeff:

She was indeed, Alan. I'm guessing you can't remember how we set up International Rescue.

Alan:

Well... hardly anything. One or two things I recall.

Jeff:

Would you like to hear it?

Alan:

Sure, dad!

Jeff:

I think this calls for a family meeting. Assemble the team, Alan. Time to find out the Genesis of International Rescue.

Alan:

F.A.B!

5...4...3...2...1!

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

(Opening titles)