Chapter Two: The Loss

Authors POV (The story begins now, after a hundred years. It has been hundred years since Zaria was killed. )

The maids were all working continously. The cooks in the kitchen were constantly preparing food for the upcoming ball. The palace was being decorated.

It was the Prince's hundred and fifteenth birthday. A huge ball was held for celebrating it. People from all over the world recieved invitations. Even the unmated females were given special invitations. The Prince was searching for his mate and hadn't found her yet.

The guests were due to arrive anytime now. The previous king and queen had already passed their throne to Ares. And they were now relaxing and enjoying their free time.

The present King Ares, was in his chambers getting ready.

“Alpha King, your father wishes to see you. ” The Royal Beta, Charles said. He and Lynorr were the only ones with whom the king spoke freely. The others only got to see his harsh and stern behaviour.

“Tell him that I don't wish to see him.” Ares said without looking at him. Ares was looking over the window and to the deep dark forest to which he had lost his little sister.

Charles nodded slowly and sat down on the couch where Lynorr was also seated.

“Ares, you should smile or atleast express any emotion. Or else you will be stuck in this shell that you have created around yourself. Please open up, atleast speak with us. ” Lyn pleaded. She could not see him destroy himself.

When Zaria died, even Ares started to become quiet and since then, he hasn't laughed or smiled. He always used to keep thinking about something.

“I will do what I want Lynorr. Please don't worry about me. ” He said in his deep voice without looking at her. Lyn sighed. She couldn't be able to do anything more than this. There was only one person who could bring him back to his previous behaviour. His mate, whom he hadn't found yet.

Lyn and Charles had a small talk about the ball, while Ares was transferred back to the day he lost Zaria.

------------
Flashback

Ares POV

I was sleeping when I felt someone jumping on my bed. I groaned and opened my eyes to see Zaria giggling and jumping.

“Wake up wake up. ” She started saying while giggling continously.

“Ugh... Just go away.” I groaned.

“No,no. ” She said and ran away giggling. I got up and looked at the clock to see it was 7.26.pm. It was already dark outside. I got up and went in search of her.

While running down the stairs in search of her, I heard my father call me.

“Where are you going at this time? ” He asked sternly. My parents never took care of us. They only spoke about how we should have manners and to learn to rule the kingdom. It was all due to Lynorr that Zaria and I were atleast happy and having a little bit of fun.

“Zaria ran away some where. So I am searching for her.” I said eagerly waiting for him to let me go.

“You have to learn manners, boy. Don't run in the palace. It's not what a king should do. You have to earn respect. That maid hasn't even thought you to behave. You should learn everything properly.” He kept ranting on and on about my behaviour, though I was not even listening. He suddenly shouted in his Alpha voice,which made me look at him.

The Alpha voice never worked on me and Zaria. So that was another reason for father to hate us. He couldn't make us submit to him.

“Listen clearly, will you? I won't tolerate this behavior of yours. Better change it or else...” He was cut off by a loud scream from far away.