Chapter One: The Prince

Author's POV (After fifteen years. The prince is now fifteen years old.)

It was a beautiful sunny evening. The sun was setting over the horizon and the birds were flying back to their nests in the trees. The Kingdom was flourishing. People were out of their homes enjoying the lovely evening while they were going about their daily lives.

Some were buying materials and some chatting with the others. It was just the daily life of these people.

But on the other hand, some were suffering in the palace.

Zara had given birth to a boy who is now fourteen years old. Little Remus was like his mother, kind and sweet. This was not accepted by Dimitri. He wanted his son to fight for the throne. And hence he rejected her. Zara now lived with her father and son in the Dark moon pack.

On the other hand, the Little Prince had grown up. Despite being just fifteen years old, he was very wise and knew most of the things which the elders didn't know.

The Prince was running in the corridor with his little sister behind him. Zaria. She was just ten years old. They both were running away from Lynorr, their maid/caretaker. She was more than a mother to them.

"Come on catch me. " Ares said singing.

"Prince, please come back. I will recieve beatings from your uncle. " Lyn said. It just slipped out of her mouth. She made a mistake. She was not supposed to say about him to Ares. She was scared. Dimitri was also the one to take care of the children. The king and queen were too busy to care for their own children.

The Prince suddenly stopped. He turned around and motioned Zaria to go. She ran away giggling. Ares had a murderous gaze. He stared at Lyn without speaking anything.

"P-Prince, I am sorry. That's not what I meant. It was just a joke." Lynnor said not looking at Ares.

"Lynnor, let's go to my chambers. " He walked away in the direction of his room after that. There was the wise boy. He knew when there was something wrong.

Lyn silently followed him. Even though she was a lot older than him, he held all the power. She could not speak like that to him.

They reached his room and he motioned her to sit on the bed. Lyn hesitated for a second and then sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Lyn. Please tell me everything. " Ares said softy.

Lyn had tears in her eyes looking at the boy she had taken care of, since he was a baby. She nodded her head slowly.

"When you were born, Dimitri was angry. He wanted the throne and it would be difficult to get it from you. You have the blessing of the Moon Goddess, Ares. She had said that the first born male child would be stronger than everyone in the world, but you can be defeated only by getting hold of your mate. She will be your weakness." Lynorr started to explain everything. Ares was getting more silent after each sentence Lyn spoke. But she continued.

"Dimitri also would harass Zara and hence she left to her father's home with her son. Dimitri felt that you were the reason for his mate leaving him. And that's the reason he is so close to you. At the end he will betray you, Ares. The things got even more out of hand when you were five years old. " She smiled sadly.

"What happened Lynorr?" Ares asked curiously. Although he was angry at his uncle for acting with him, he wanted to know everything that happened. He was close, too close with Dimitri, that sometimes Ares felt that Dimitri was his father. But now, realizing his true intentions, Ares felt betrayed.

"The witch, Esmeralda came and she stated a prophecy that you would banish him from the kingdom. She also said that your mate won't be like what she will act."