chapter 33 | believe

Start from the beginning

"No, I can't." I looked at Chase as I shot. The bullet hit his chest.

"Please." He pleaded.

I sighed, "Okay."

Nothing was going on as planned. I brought the hand that was holding the gun behind my back. "Gray car." I nodded.

I turned around as I brought the hand that was behind me in front of me. Chase started shooting again and the gunshots weren't shooting in my direction. Only towards his direction.

I quickly ran out of sight into the other field of flowers before letting anyone notice. I shot one of the people who were shooting towards Chase. Another person with an all-black attire was searching through the flower field. I put my leg out to trip him and he fell. I kicked him from the side before dragging my knife down his back. Blood spurs out as he tried to get up. I took ahold of his neck and held him down before squatting down, "Who do you work for?"

"L-let me go."

"Answer my fucking question." I put more pressure around his neck causing him to choke.

"I c-can't." I didn't have time, therefore, I used the pocket knife to stab him in the neck. I got up and saw blood covering my whole dress.

"God fucking damnit." I groaned to myself. I got up and kicked the person behind me, waiting to attack. "Nice to meet you." I greeted as I turned around to see his stumbling figure. I used my gun to shoot his leg, making him fall over in pain.

I went towards him and pulled up his mask that was covering his face. "Who are you working for?" I questioned.

His eyes were closed shut as he yelled in pain and I used the knife in my hand to dig deeper into his skin on his chest. "Answer me."

"I will let you go if you answer." He couldn't speak as sweat dripped down his forehead and blood covered my arm sleeve.

"Ru—," He started. "Russians." He mouthed just before I stabbed him to death.

I got up from my squatting position as my thoughts started pondering in my head. Didn't Chase kill all the Russians? In the video file, he had all the evidence that showed he killed all of them.

Was Chase lying?

Did he lie about the whole thing and make up a false narrative?

Realization slapped me in the face.

I'm a fucking fool.

He fucking fooled me twice.

And, here I am trying to protect the fucker.

God, I'm such a fucking dumbass. "Why are you like this, Jasmin?" I yelled at myself as anger formed within me.

I couldn't even be angry at the cheater. He simply played a game that I fucking fell for. It's my fault, that I believed the dumbass.

The knife started to draw blood on my hand from the way I was holding it but I couldn't feel anything. The pain didn't reassemble the pain I was feeling on the inside.

For a moment, I thought that maybe he was telling the truth.

I fucking believed him.

Everything was a fucking lie. Every single little thing.

It hurt, deeply.

I didn't want to admit it but he did spark some hope in me as well. He was slowly putting down the walls I had built. I fucking kissed him, willingly. Not for the plan, not for any publicity. I kissed him because I wanted to. I wanted to relive the same feeling he gave me when I kissed him five years back.