Step into the Dark

The Keyhole was sealed. It had been a monstrous fight one that had Sora's knees buckling afterwards. Still the deed was done. Now all that was left was to find Riku and the dark entity known as Ansem.

Leon and the others had brought themselves to Hollow Bastion one the keyhole had been sealed and the heartless started to dissipate. This place had been their home before Vincent had taken over and made a mess of it. Now that things were getting back to normal, they sought to restore the town to its original glory.

Sora wished them well, but soon found out that the defeat of Ansem would mean having to say goodbye to them and the rest of her new friends. Once the worlds restored, and peace obtained, the paths would close and Sora would once again have to say goodbye to all  her new friends. The thought of it bothered her. In fact it down right made her depressed.

"We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." Leon comforted her, placing a hand atop her head and giving it a gentle pat that made her smile. He had said the words with such bold sincerity that it perked her up.

She knew that everything would be okay, despite the troubles that weighed on the worlds. She knew the hearts of the friends she had made would guide her on her journey. Not to mention she had the support of Donald and Goofy who stood beside her. Together they became her strength and gave her purpose as the chosen keyblade wielder.

She spoke with the princesses of light, and the group of them told her of a bewitching darkness that was growing worlds away. It was there that they sensed Ansem's lingering darkness, slowly building his power up again in order to strike. Sora knew she had to follow him, to finish this fight before more worlds fell.

The journey there wasn't gonna be easy. Cid offered to help by upgrading the gummi ship's engine and weaponry. By the time he was done, the gummi ship gleamed like something out of a movie, and made all sorts of flutters tickle inside her belly.

Thsi time Sora asked Donald to take hold of the controls so that both her and Goofy could man the guns and blast through obstacles and heartless ships that blocked their path. The flight was long and treacherous, more so than any other they'd taken. At one point it seem like their ship was gonna crumble under the weight of that massive pressure, but they'd somehow survived.

The world they saw glowed a silvery pink, almost like an atomic bomb. The air was full of darkness and despair, weighing heavily on her heart. She eyed the surrounding ocean, and the empty vastness of a world at the edge everything and nothingness... and felt completely and utterly overwhelmed.

She stepped into the fray half expecting to just fall through the ground as if it were a pool of water. An orb of power surrounded the three of them, making her gasp as it sucked her up into it's vortex  and spat her friends out into a separate dimension. Her blade came out as powerful heartless fiends appeared and began attacking.

She braced herself, fighting hard and piercing the blade into the gooey forms of darkness. She heard Goofy and Donald behind her, branching out banging their weapons and calling forth magic. These heartless were powerful, far stronger and more durable than the norms that branched out between the other worlds. They fought like demons determined to block her path. 

"Let me through!" Angrily, she shouted, determined to push through. She brought her keyblade out again and struck the last one down. Her breath panted out and her eyes scanned the area searching for more that would dare come up. "Was that it?"