3

A/N: Feel free to leave comments! And thank you for reading this far <3

"It's good to see you" Derek pulls Spencer into a hug.

"You too." With a shy smile he looks at Derek, they are meeting up for coffee before Spencer's day at the office. He looks at Derek for a second longer before pulling him into another hug.

"Oh kid!" Derek exclaims with a laughter.

"We never see each other anymore."

"Every first morning after your case, we are here aren't we?" Derek comforts him. He knows that while he himself has his family around him all day which was why he gave this all up in the first place, Spencer is still left with the feeling that Derek abandoned him. "Come on let's get inside, I've got new baby pictures."

"Sweet!"

"Alright then inside with you." With a smile they make their way over to the register, "Same as always?"

"Please" Shyly Spencer stands next to Morgan, taking out his wallet while the older man places the order.

"No no it's my treat." A male voice appears behind him shortly before he can feel a hand on his back and it takes both Morgan and Spencer to realize but Morgan is first, slapping the hand away.

"Excuse you?" Morgan takes a step back from the counter, "Would you mind taking your hand of him?"

"Sir, I am-" In surrender Luke takes his hands off but before he can explain, Derek shoves him back.

"Get the hell away from him." Derek defends Spencer who is just as lost as Luke is because Luke shouldn't even be here, Luke was still in bed when he left this morning.

"I can explain."

"I would like to see you try." Even though Derek is retired, he is still not a man having a physical appearance that indicates that you could somehow overwhelm him not mentioning that Luke knows him due Spencer's stories and is aware of what kind of training he has.

"He is my boyfriend"

"Right-"

"It's true!" Spencer steps in, "Derek meet Luke. Luke meet Derek."

"That's- That's unexpected." Derek stammers out taking the hand down he had used to shield Spencer.

"I am sorry, I saw you guys I just wanted to say good morning to Spencer." Luke apologizes and stretches his hand out. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise" Derek forces out, "Why don't you guys sit down somewhere, I will join you in a minute."

With a lowered head Spencer walks with Luke towards their table, "Why are you here?" He whispers.

"You had nightmares tonight, I wanted to make sure you are okay but this morning I missed you-"

"But it's my time with Derek now!" Spencer exclaims, "I only see him for this short amount of time- I- I-"

"But everything is okay." Luke soothes him, "It's okay, I am just checking in on you, I am not taking your time with Derek, I will go now okay? It's not a problem."

"Please"

"I will see you at the office okay?"

"Yes" Luke leans closer kissing Spencer on the cheek and waves to Derek before leaving the cafè.

"He is not gonna stay?" Derek questions and sits down on his spot, "I am sorry I spooked him, I just- I didn't know what he looked like."

"It's okay." Nervously Spencer grabs his cup and plate pulling them towards him. "Can I see the baby pictures?" He questions not looking up just staring down at the table.

"Kid I am sorry, I really didn't know."

"My time with you now" Spencer states while tapping the table with his fingers.

"He doesn't want that?"

"He doesn't mind."

"Then what's the problem, pretty boy?" Derek questions patiently. "Can you tell me?"

"Only our time, not with him."

"Okay it's gonna stay out time." Morgan assures him, placing his hand on Spencer's. "Tell you what, why don't you bring him over tonight for dinner? Our time alone gets not lost and I can finally meet him. I have been waiting weeks for this."

"No overprotectiveness"

Morgan chuckles at that, "I promise no overprotectiveness"