53

"I am gonna head out for a coffee you want to join me?" Morgan questions while putting on his jacket to avoid catching a cold in these first  autumn days.

"Oh no, I am good."

"Kid come on." He walks over to Spencer's desk with a smile, "You need a break, get some fresh air."

"I had a break"

"To go to the restroom, that hardly counts." Morgan reaches over, grabbing Spencer's heavy jacket from the desk and holds it open for him to slide in, "Come on, up with you"

"It's cold outside."

"I know the cold is your worst enemy but you will get a dream of a coffee." Defeated Spencer gets up mumbling something about how this is ridicules and how he hates the cold and the moment they are outside he retrieves into his jacket. Burying his nose in it, pulling his sleeves over his hands. "Vegas really did a number on you."

He doesn't get an answer, figuring that if Spencer takes the time to take a break he is probably going to enjoy having it for his thoughts.

They haven't been working together for too long, hardly a year they have known each other but Morgan has come to the conclusion that Spencer is more an introverted person than an outgoing one. Although he tends to try to overplay that. Especially with his rambles that then to do the opposite of fitting in for him.

"There we are." Morgan opens the door to the small café. A few people working there, a family sitting in the corner of the room enjoying cake and hot chocolate, a group of students chattering having pushed together a couple of tables. "You like it?"

"I will wait outside" Quickly Spencer turns around wanting to get out but Morgan wraps an arm around him, keeping him from the door.

"Nope, we are gonna sit down. And we are gonna have a real break." Uncomfortable Spencer looks down while Derek still has his hand laying on his side. "Come on, read the menu so you can find something you want to eat"

He stays quiet while they wait in line but shortly before it's their turn Spencer looks up to Morgan a couple of times, "What is it?"

"I don't wanna be here."

"Pretty boy it's just getting coffee, it's not even cold in here-"

"Studies have shown that there is a correlation between people suffering from anxiety and them being cold." He snaps and starts tapping the side of his head. "I am cold."

"Okay, what is causing your anxiety to act up right now?" Hesitant Spencer points towards the register while Morgan lets a couple pass them in line. "The choice?"

Spencer shakes his head and points at the woman smiling at her customers while placing their order. "You mean talking to her? Making your order?" Ashamed Spencer nods, "Okay what do you wanna eat?"

Spencer shakes his head again, still looking down towards the floor. "You gotta eat something." Derek watches Spencer's tapping switching to tapping his head with his palm, "Alright, I am just gonna pick something. Sit down, I'll get it."

Surprised Spencer looks up to him, "You didn't think I was gonna force you were you?" Morgan questions and lets another customer pass them. "Oh kid,no. It's okay. Just go over there, when you turn right there is a more quiet area. You can pick something comfortable okay? I am gonna be with you in a minute."