"Morning Gordon!"

He greets with a perky wave.

"Morning...."

I walk across from the door to the nearest corner of the room and place my bag down.

"I'm actually glad the two of you are here, I would like to discuss something with you."

I have a bad feeling about what this conversation is going to be about.

"Okay... cool."

Dalton directs his full attention to Miss Barlowe. I close the gap between us enough for me to hear her clearly.

"I would like to give you two and assignment."

She starts before taking out her phone and scrolling through it, searching for something I'm assuming she wants to show us.

"Ah! Here we go. Watch this."

We come closer to the phone she's pointing at us to watch a dance video playing.

"This is from last year's competition. This is the contemporary dance that won first place."

She explains as we watch.

"Good for them?"

I let out trying to figure out her motive.

"I have chosen two pairs of contemporary dancers who I feel can beat this dance to represent our school."

Oh... i get it now.

"I'm guessing Dalton and I are one of those pairs."

"That's right Sarah. You, Zac, Tess and Mike will be our pairs. Tess and Mike have already picked out their songs so I'll also need you two to pick out a song and choreograph a dance for it. You are always welcome to ask for my help when choreographing though."

Just my luck. Her enthusiastic smile tells me I have no choice in the matter so I'm just going to accept my fate.

"That sounds awesome!"

Dalton hails.

___

The bell finally rings for lunch and I am saved from hearing Mrs Robin's theories about how Macbeth was not actually a bad guy. I wait for the class to clear out before picking up my bag and leaving to avoid any contact with my classmates.

I'm still in a pretty bad mood so I'm going to the dance studio to vent my frustration the only way I know how. I pull my hood over my face to avoid attracting any attention, however, my plan fails when her highness herself crosses paths with me.

"Well if it isn't Gordon..."

She lets out menacingly as her minions block my path. She must've been waiting specifically for me seeing as the cafeteria is on the opposite side of the school.

"Going to the dance studio again?"

One of her minions asks mockingly.

"All students should be in the cafeteria or lunch yard right now. As a member of the student council, I cannot allow something like this to slide."

Jeanna is dumb if she thinks I'm going to believe a made up rule like that one.

"Actually, Mrs Student council member, if you had indeed read the rule book you'd know that students are free to participate in extracurriculars on their own during any and all break. Also, students are free to report any council members who abuse their power, especially as a means of harassment."

I arch my brow at her with a smug smirk lined perfectly across my face. She grunts at me before aggressively pushing me against the wall.

"You think you're all that? Huh? You think anyone will believe what heartless Gordon has to say? Even Dez couldn't stand to be with you and is now openly dating your ex best friend. Dez is like the sweetest guy, so you have to be a pretty crappy girl to get him to be so cruel."