Chapter 24

Christine's POV

"Marry me."

I nearly dropped my book. I carefully set it down with shaking hands, then looked up at erik. He was completely serious.

"Wh-what?" Is he really asking me to marry him?

"I said, marry me. I wanted to wait until you were fully recovered, and it would have been more romantic but dammit Christine Daaè I just can't wait any longer. so, will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" He asks and my heart flutters. I can see the hopefulness in his beautiful eyes.

"Oh angel.." I breathe "of course I'll marry you. although, are you sure nows a good time? With all that's going on and all?"

"I think something happy needs to happen. There are always going to be bad things in life, don't let it stop us." He says with a smile. A smile breaks out on my face as well.

"Madam Christine Destler. Yea, I like the sound of that."

"As do I Angel. So I take it that its a yes?"

"Of course!" I jump up and run into his arms, sitting on his lap. He kisses me and when we break apart I beam up at him.

"I love you angel." He says looking down at me with such a loving gaze. He pulls the gold band he has on his pinky finger off and slips it onto my ring finger. I look down fondly at the band.

"I love you too, my angel of music." I snuggle into his chest and savor the feeling of his warm embrace.

Gwen's POV

There's a knock on my bedroom door pulling me away from the drawing I working on. I quickly hide the drawing in my desk drawer.

"Come i-in." I say. Both my mom and dad walk into my room. Oh no...

"Gwen sweetie, we have some news for you." My mom says, sitting on my bed. My dad joins her and holds her left hand. That's when I notice the gold band on her finger.

"You're g-g-getting married?" I ask, still staring at the ring.

"Yes." Dad says with a huge smile on his unmasked face. Mom and I have been making him not wear it around the house. "We decided since your mother is almost recovered it would be a good time to get married."

"Oh."

"Is that okay?" Mom suddenly asks. I shrug. Was I okay with it? It just seemed weird. Has she just forgotten the fact that he left her once before? What about Raoul? She's still legally married to him. This just seems to be going to fast. I bet they didn't even really talk things through. What if they have another kid...

"Gwen?" Dads voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yea" I shrug

"Alright...."

"W-well congratulations..." I say awkwardly. God I don't know what to do...

"Thanks." Mom says, looking at me confused. They both just stare at me. It's kinda creepy. Eventually my mom just sighs and gets up to leave, dad not to far behind her. After they leave I quickly change into a more casual dress then I was in before, and I sneak out of the house. I immediately head to Phantasma.

Once I get there I can't stop the smile that comes to my fave as I go to my favorite place in the park. The balcony that looks over the water. I come here often, but not just for the view. I come here to see Jonathan, the boy I met at the masquerade ball. He keeps asking me to meet him here, so I do. He seems nice enough, though I don't know why he's wasting his time on me. It is nice to know that there are good kids here though. Not like the ones who brutally beat me. Jonathan is actually a really great listener. He asks me about my life, and listens to what I have to say. When I'm with him I can just let everything out. It's so amazing. And the best part about our meetings? I hardly stutter! I don't know how, but I'm grateful.

"Hey gwen" a familiar voice says from behind me. I turn with a smile on my face to be met with those stunning green eyes. As always I have to look up to make eye contact with him.

"Hey"

"So, how've you been? Anything interesting happen since last week?" He questions.

"Well... my parents are going to get married... they a-announced their engagement today." I explain.

"That's good news." He says with a smile.

"Yea, I guess so." I look up into his eyes, and he stares down into mine. He's so handsome.

"Hey, I hate to bail but I have to get home. Family is visiting from out of town. I just had to come see your smile, though." I blush and look away.

"No worries." I smile to myself.

"Till next week mademoiselle." He says and I giggle at the way the french word sounds with his accent. Without warning he wraps his arms around my pulling me into a tight hug. I blink, dazed and confused. After a second I hug him back, then he lets go, a giant smile plastered on his face. "Bye Gwen." He says softly, before dashing off.

Oh. My. God.