Chapter 18

Erik's POV

It's been a week since Nadir found my tattered daughter, and things have been running smoothly. Gwen is recovering nicely, although she refused to tell us who beat her. I have a few ideas as to what happened, but for some reason that boy that she danced with at the ball keeps coming to mind. I don't trust him, I mean I know nothing about him. As for Nadir, he's safe as long as he's with me so he's going to be living here for a while. I don't mind so much, he helps look after gwen, and I'm thankful for that. Nadir practically raised me so it's almost like he's Gwen's grandfather. Gwen has gotten used to him and they get along nicely. The only way things could possibly be more perfect is if I had my beautiful Christine by my side. She is still mine. I know she's alive, and awake. Don't you worry Christine. I'll come to bring you back where you belong, next to me.

"Erik are you even listening to me?" I snap out of my thoughts at Nadir's voice. I totally forgot that Nadir was even in the library with me.

"Sorry nadir I guess I zoned out." I give him a small smile. He rolls his eyes.

"Being a father has changed you." He states.

"What do you mean by that?" I sit up on the couch I'm sitting at and cock an eyebrow.

"You've gotten soft." He says with a smirk. It's my turn to roll my eyes.

"I have a daughter, I have to adjust-..." as if on cue we hear a high pitched scream from upstairs. I spring from the couch and sprint up the stairs to Gwen's room. I practically knock down the door as I tear into her room. She's standing in the doorway of her bathroom with her hand covering her mouth, and a horrified expression in her eyes.

"What happened?!" I ask frantically. Nadir just got to the room, followed by Nancy, the maid who looks after Gwen.

"I'm dying." She whispers. My eyes get wide.

"W-what?!" She can't be dying! What does she even mean?! I whip my head around and look at Nadir and Nancy with pleading eyes. Nancy shifts uncomfortably.

"Erm... Sir?" She asks. She looks so uncomfortable.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Um... I think I'm going to need to speak with Gwen privately." She says, not looking me in the eye.

"And why would you need to do that, something's wrong with her!" I don't have time for this! She sighs.

"Sir she isn't dying, I think I know what's wrong."

"Then what is it?!" I shout. She shifts uncomfortably then looks at Gwen.

"Sweetie, were you bleeding in there?" She asks, kneeling next to Gwen. She nods her head.

"I'm sorry, but what exactly is wrong with my daughter? She's bleeding?" I'm so confused. Nancy's face gets kind of red.

"Sir-.. erm... Gwen is at that age where she starts changing..." She looks at me desperately. Then everything clicks. Oh god.

"Ohhhh.....oh! Oh god... Um.. well.." I clear my throat. I have no idea what to do. I feel my cheeks getting hot.

"I'll speak to Gwen about this... alone." Nadir and I nod then practically fly out of the room. We stand in the hall with beet red faces. I run a hand through my hair then take a shaky breath. After about ten minutes Gwen and Nancy come out.

"Sir I'm going to take Gwen shopping for...erm.." I hold up my hand.

"Go--.. um... it's fine..." we both just look at each other awkwardly. She nods and leads Gwen outside. Oh how I wish her mother was here! She would know what to do! Suddenly my eyes widen.

"Erik, what is it?" Nadir asks.

"Oh god.. nadir! I have to have....'the talk' with my daughter!" I shake my head roughly. Nadir cracks up laughing.

"Have fun with that!" He says gasping for air from laughing so hard. I punch his shoulder. "Ouch! Watch it!" He yells, causing me to smile.

"Shut it old man, or there will be more of that." He glares at me and I chuckle. We return to the library and an awkward silence clouds around us. Gwen is growing up, I can't stop that. I'm going to have to deal with hormones. Great. I've seen how vicious the ballet rats could be, I just hope Gwen isn't like that. I can even recall a few occasions when Christine would be a little moody during our lessons. She was still an angel however. That was so long ago, and now we have Gwen. I just wish I could have been there for her as she grew up. I wish I could have been there to support my Christine. But now she doesn't remember that we have a daughter, she may have even forgotten our love. I have to force back my tears when I hear a knock at the door. I compose myself and rise to answer it.

I open the door and I'm met with two of the most beautiful eyes in the world. Eyes of an angel. I can't move, my breath catches in my throat as two familiar arms... arms of an angel desperately wrap around my neck. Then the angel spoke... the angel spoke heavenly words I will never forget;

"I-I remember...."

----------------------------------------
Alright yall, short but eventful chapter for ya. I find Erik's reaction to gwens condition is hilarious... if you don't know what happened to Gwen I can clarify... but I think you got the just of her condition. (She got her period) duh. Anyway sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy. I promise more pheels are on the way!! Love you guys!