___

Mrs Barlowe announced that she signed us up for the All Star dance competition a few months from now then worked us to the bone and squeezed out every ounce of energy we had, making us use it all to master the dance routine she taught us today. We are still not perfect but we've got the first half of the dance down. We even stayed after school to rehearse.

Everyone rushes out once Mrs Barlowe dismisses us, including Mrs Barlowe herself. I don't want to get caught in their sweaty crowd so I decide to sit and wait for them all to leave and, for whatever reason, Dalton remains behind too. I sit in my corner and take out my water bottle from my bag while Dalton rehearses some more in front of the mirror.

"Be honest, are you a robot?"

I ask as I watch him dance as if he has just woken up with a full tank of energy.

"Wow, that's the first time you've ever initiated a conversation between us..."

He gasps, still dancing.

"You must be at least a cyborg, right?"

"I'm just that good..."

I roll my eyes at his confidence.

He finally stops dancing and walks towards me.

"I don't remember inviting you over here..."

I point out as he sits next to me.

"I don't remember ever needing your invitation..."

"Ugh... you're so annoying."

I try to get up and leave but my body still isn't ready to move just yet.

"Would you like me to carry you Princess."

I glare at him to communicate how touching me will result in his unfortunate demise. However, he just smiles and stares right back, which is creepy.

"Masochist much..."

I whisper under my breath.

"Hey, can I ask you a favour?"

He starts, but obviously my answer is...

"No.."

"Thanks, you're the best. So, I'm having trouble with the last few moves in the dance. When I watched you do them, you were perfect. Could you help me out"

"I believe I already said no..."

" So we can practice at your house then?"

"What?! Why not your place?"

"So that means you will help me!"

"No it doesn't"

"Great, so your place it is. Let's go."

Dalton carries my bags and pulls me to my feet. Before I know it, we are leaving the school and heading to my place. I'm not too sure how it happened, he must be a witch. If only burning at the stake was done to the actual witch families and not women who intimidated the men.

___

I reluctantly press my key into the keyhole on our front door and twist it while Dalton eagerly stands behind me. The thought of enduring all the questions I am about to be asked as soon as Dalton and I walk in together irritates me. I finally just twist the door knob and push the door in.

"I've never been to a friend's house before."

Dalton admits as we walk in

"And you still haven't... I repeat, we aren't friends."