Chapter 23

ELENORA

You cannot be falling for him, Nora.

It's lust. He makes you feel things you didn't know you could after what happened. And he is definitely not boyfriend material. He said it himself.

Repeatedly.

He does have his funny moments though and he can be sweet, but that temper of his gets the best of him all the time.

And have you forgotten about his side chick from the club? There must be hundreds of them. Okay, maybe not hundreds, but probably at least one in every state.

But man, can he kiss.

"Nora!" Clara exclaims into the phone and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a second, where was I?"

She laughs. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just spacey today." Too busy daydreaming about a certain pair of intense dark eyes.

"So? Don't leave me hanging, girl! What happened next?"

I've been telling her about the circus of a wedding I worked at today.

"Well, by this point the groom is completely shitfaced and passed out drunk at the table with his face in a slice of cake. The bride, the maid of honor, the groom's mother, and the groom's sister are all attacking the best man's sister and her friend; surprisingly though, they were holding their own pretty well."

"What a shitty thing to do at someone's wedding, though. Like why wait to confront him when he's getting married and the way she did it? Talk about hell hath no fury...that shit will always be there even if it's deleted," Clara says, chuckling.

"I guess I don't understand why ruin his life and her own? If she wanted to hurt him then telling his family and the bride he had an affair with her, is one thing, but to cut into the video of their relationship that was playing knowing everyone would be watching? One moment we're watching pictures of their dates and time together, leading to pictures of the proposal to hearing the moaning and groaning sounds of the groom and the best man's sister going at it in his office; it was next level crazy."

"The bigger question is why would she record them?" Clara asks after it sounds like she's biting into something.

"Maybe they were into that kind of thing? " I chuckle, scrolling through the rest of the wedding pictures I uploaded.

"What else is going on? Any other mystery notes or gifts and how's it going with Dicko?"

I shiver remembering his hands on me this morning and then his lips on my neck. I clear my throat. "No notes and things are um, good."

"Good? That's it?"

"He's been...nice. But he's trying to have someone follow me around when I'm out and about, with the notes and then with what his cousin said last night, too."

I sigh. "But he compromised. As long as I came back tonight, I wouldn't have a shadow, so that's why I'm here again. I still think he's a psycho, though." I glance over at Mostro who walks by.

Mostro raises an eyebrow at me. "What? Don't act like you don't think he's crazy either."

"Huh?" Clara says through the speaker phone.

"Nothing, I was just talking to Mostro, aka the mountain, who's glaring at me for insulting his daddy."

A loud, and deep, rumbling sound erupts out of Mostro and I realize he's laughing.