Chapter 15-Part 2

FEDERICO

"Thanks for coming out tonight, Rico. Again, I apologize for the abrupt change of plans, I know you hate last minute changes." Alejandro, the club owner, tries to ease my irritation.

"You're right, I don't like when plans change, but tonight it happened to work out."

We walk into the club's main floor from his back office. I don't like how crowded it is, but this is expected on an opening night.

I wasn't in the mood to travel as it is, considering the fucking mess of a week I had. I've never felt so out of control in my entire life. And I know it's because of Elenora.

My Zia's words keep ringing in my ears about her being dangerous because she's unpredictable and I'm learning that there may be some truth to it because it turns out Elenora's crazier than I am.

And ever since the lame-ass speed dating event, I've done nothing but make a fool of myself where she's concerned. .

I didn't like the helpless feeling and the unfamiliar emotion that came over me when I called her and Clara screamed into the phone that they had taken Elenora and were going to kill her.

Mickey couldn't track her phone because it was shut off. I ordered Domani to reach out to all the men to have them search for her. Domani also wondered if there was another player in this game that we weren't aware of.

I waited to contact Tiziano but when we did he told me she was in their home with her sisters doing some sort of fucking project together and was there most of the afternoon.

There was a sense of relief when I saw her rushing down the stairs in her paint splattered clothes. But then the anger took over.

Once again, she found a way to make a fool of me in front of others and now my men. I don't deny I wanted to punish her, especially with the smile she gave me when I put my hand on her throat, but when I saw the look in her eyes after she flinched...something changed within me. I struggled with wanting to catch the lone tear cascading down her soft face even though her eyes were screwed shut, so I moved away from her.

"Rico? Rico?"

Domani nudges me with his elbow, he nods over at Alejandro; I glance back. "You seem distracted tonight, amigo." Alejandro lights up a joint. "Here, relax." He passes the joint to me and I take a long pull from it.

"Woman problems?"

"You could say that." I glare over at Angela who decides to pipe in. We didn't expect to see her here with the current douchebag she's hooking up with.

Despite the loud music, I can still hear Domani's low chuckle next to me. I look back at Alejandro as I pass back the joint after taking another drag. "Never."

"Maybe that's your problem then." Alejandro signals a few women over and they sit down in between Domani and myself.

"You see, Rico, I've learned, sometimes having women around is sometimes beneficial to one's mind, body and soul."

"I've never felt that way."

"Then you haven't found the one, yet." Alejandro takes a drag from his joint. "I had one and she was the one thing that kept me balanced. But life has a way of unbalancing things sometimes, doesn't it? She was taken from me almost three years ago. Fucking cancer. Anyway, other women, well, they're good for filling the void, am I right?"

"I'd say they're good for feeding an ingrained need in us, but nothing more." Even though a pair of soft brown eyes flash in my mind. Domani's phone rings and he leaves to answer it.