House of Vertigo

Nina's POV

Amber"Hopscotch is like dancing, If you can dance, you can play hopscotch."

Fabian and I share a simultaneous doubtful glance.

Amber"You can't dance, neither of you"

Both me and Fabian share another glance.

Fabian" Well.."I'm sure I'm a better dancer than him."

Nina" I've been looking up hopscotch online. It goes way back. There's dozens of different kinds of grids. Loads of different versions of rules..."

Fabian" It just makes no sense I mean  "Hopscotch? Seems kind of crazy for a middle-aged mastermind, doesn't it?"

Amber" He had a little girl, little girls love hopscotch"

Nina" The dollhouse must have a clue as to the rules to this particular game; it helped us get through that dead end, it has to do the same for the hopscotch. "We'll stake it out after dinner"

Charlie's POV

Me and my brother are sat on the sofa just chilling together while everyone else sets up around us. I was watching Nina, she was trying to set up a table but was half doing that, half staring at Fabian who was with Joy on the stage. I didn't know them that well but it was obvious they liked each other, I mean let's look at this way my brother liked Patricia. My focus is then switched as our dad comes in holding his schedule.

Mr Sweet" So at 7:30Pm precisely representative of the student body makes speech. Fabian, Fabian, that's you."

Fabian steps up to the microphone, index cards in his hands to rehearse his speech for tomorrow night.

I watch as Fabian prepares to read his speech out.

Fabian"Um, welcome everyone,"

But then the microphone emits a screeching feedback making me think if it is plugged in properly, me and my brother put out hands over our ears until the feedback stops and we both lower our ears.

Charlie" Ouch, what was that?"

Eddie" Sounds like the microphone is not plugged in properly"

Patricia" Yeah well, if you two helped instead of just sitting there, it might not have done that"

Eddie*pulls a face*

Charlie" Shut up"

Then me and everyone else stares at Amber who has caused quite a stir and from what I can tell she has dropped the table on her feet. She screams and my brother rolls his eyes at her. Then just to add to the confusion the lights go out.

Charlie" Really?"

Eddie" Great"

I am heading back to the house with my brother both of our satchels swinging from our sides. He chuckles as he shows me the band he has asked to come play for the masked ball. Then Jerome comes up behind us.

Eddie" Hey, Clarke would you mind not coming up behind us"

Jerome" I just want to talk to your sister"

Eddie" And why would I leave you alone with my sister"

Charlie" Eddie's its okay, I'll be fine"

Eddie" Fine, I'll be in the house"

Jerome" Hey, your big brother is kind of scary isn't he"

Charlie" My big brother by four minutes"